Okay I'm tired of being led like a dog on a leash waiting for Froyo to OTA for the Droid 1 ! I want to Root my phone so I can get this! But I have several questions and I'm having trouble finding the answers in any one place or through searching for them...
1. I am running 2.1 ESE81 and I keep seeing that I need to downgrade to 2.0, is this still true?
2. I keep seeing this Root Manager app all over the place being mentioned, where is it, how do I use it, and should I use it?
3. I've recently purchased a theme for my phone (wasn't cheap but I really wanted it and it's a great theme either way!) and I don't want to loose it! If I root my phone, will I loose this theme or any of my other apps on my phone? I have a lot of torrented apps on there too and I really don't want to go through the hassle of downloading them again.
4. I see postings of an "instructional video" about rooting my phone on this and several other forums, where is this video and is it useful?
5. I understand the risks of this procedure and I'm aware that nobody but myself is to blame if this fails, but IF I do screw this up, is there a way to recover?
I'm fairly proficient with computers, having hacked my way through school (DOS) and earlier versions of Windows (up to XP), but when it comes to something that I can't just bulk format a hard drive, I get cautious. So any help would be great! Thanks!