DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I finally bit the bullet

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

I finally bit the bullet

When I read the thread about 2.2 OTA being pulled/delayed again I decided to go ahead and root and install a custom ROM. I will admit that there is almost too much information out there about rooting that it is probably difficult for some to process all of it. A lot of the tutorials assume you know some things that some people don't know. At any rate I did it with minimal issues following the tutorial on droid-life. One issue I did have was that RSDLite didn't recognize SPRecovery until I renamed the sbf file to 1.sbf. I don't know why that was the case, but I found a post on this site by luck with that solution.

Anyway I installed BB 0.4 and I must say WOW WOW WOW . The droid has come to life IMO. I then installed the Indigo Blue theme and I really like it.

The only other issue I had outside of the sbf file naming was that not all of my paid apps came back when I setup my phone again. I backed them all up except for RadioTime...and I really liked that one so I may have to re-buy it...

I have no idea how much deeper I will go with the tinkering, but I am happy so far with the results

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Overcomer View Post
    When I read the thread about 2.2 OTA being pulled/delayed again I decided to go ahead and root and install a custom ROM. I will admit that there is almost too much information out there about rooting that it is probably difficult for some to process all of it. A lot of the tutorials assume you know some things that some people don't know. At any rate I did it with minimal issues following the tutorial on droid-life. One issue I did have was that RSDLite didn't recognize SPRecovery until I renamed the sbf file to 1.sbf. I don't know why that was the case, but I found a post on this site by luck with that solution.

Anyway I installed BB 0.4 and I must say WOW WOW WOW . The droid has come to life IMO. I then installed the Indigo Blue theme and I really like it.

The only other issue I had outside of the sbf file naming was that not all of my paid apps came back when I setup my phone again. I backed them all up except for RadioTime...and I really liked that one so I may have to re-buy it...

I have no idea how much deeper I will go with the tinkering, but I am happy so far with the results
    Go to your downloads in the Market. You will find your paid apps there. Including the ones that didn't come back.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    You should have used my guide.
    It probably would have been easier to understand.
    The app should be in your downloads in the market.
    It should say Purchased.
    All you have to do is click it and it will reinstall it.
    Last edited by dmartins; 08-06-2010 at 02:19 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartins View Post
    It should say Purchased.
    I actually had your instructions and droid-life up simultaneously...the only problem during the whole thing was the renaming of the sbf file. I still haven't found much out there about how or why that happens. Oh well, it is done and all is well.

I did go my downloads in the market and the missing paid apps are not listed. Not sure why. I did go back and verify that it was associated with the right account.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    It should say Purchased.
    I actually had your instructions and droid-life up simultaneously...the only problem during the whole thing was the renaming of the sbf file. I still haven't found much out there about how or why that happens. Oh well, it is done and all is well.

I did go my downloads in the market and the missing paid apps are not listed. Not sure why. I did go back and verify that it was associated with the right account.

This happened to me the 1st time I messed my phone up and had to backup. When I searched for the app in the market, it just let me install it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    It should say Purchased.

They must not have been made for 2.2 yet.
    Just go to my instructions and apply the market fix.
    That should make the apps show back up.

Links