DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: SPRecover Help

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question SPRecover Help

Ok So I installed SPRecovery and would like to ROOT if 2.2 dosent hit the Droid 1 soon.My question is Im not rooted yet BUT have SPRecovery installed will that stop the 2.2 offical update? or do I have to be rooted for it to block it?
    Rachel
    ~DroidDefDoes~
    Google Talk:
    rachelzdesignz@gmail.com

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Just having sprcovery will not stop the notification for the upgrade. the majority of the roms for 2.1 and 2.2 will block the update so it will not automatically unroot you. Are you planning on rooting and adding a custom rom because once you do you wont go back to stock even 2.2
    Thunderbolt

Why Root? - Because I Can

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I wont ROOT cause Im a chicken.lol...Im honestly not sure what ROM to choose and how to overclock etc etc....I dont want to end up ROOTING and screwing up my DROID.... If I had help sure but Im such a chicken.lol I want to make sure I know what Im doing before I actually do so.
    Rachel
    ~DroidDefDoes~
    Google Talk:
    rachelzdesignz@gmail.com

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidDefDoes View Post
    I wont ROOT cause Im a chicken.lol...Im honestly not sure what ROM to choose and how to overclock etc etc....I dont want to end up ROOTING and screwing up my DROID.... If I had help sure but Im such a chicken.lol I want to make sure I know what Im doing before I actually do so.
    Remember rooting does not necessarily mean installing a custom ROM. I'm running rooted 2.1, pure stock rom. You can still overclock, theme, etc... without installing a different ROM.

There's very little danger inherent to rooting. If you have SPRecovery installed the hard part is over. Just make a nandroid backup and you're one or two steps away from root, but other than that your phone will pretty much be the same.
    Last edited by SixStringTheory; 07-27-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Id like to install a custom rom but how would I do so?
    I want a nice 2.1 ROM or 2.2 ROM but then again my question is what do I need to do to get 2.2 and what ROM would be kicka$$.LOL
    Rachel
    ~DroidDefDoes~
    Google Talk:
    rachelzdesignz@gmail.com

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidDefDoes View Post
    Id like to install a custom rom but how would I do so?
    I want a nice 2.1 ROM or 2.2 ROM but then again my question is what do I need to do to get 2.2 and what ROM would be kicka$$.LOL
    Depends what you're looking for. Some are really minimal bare bones meant for performance some add a lot of extra features.

Most of the roms out are based on 2.2 and you can just root 2.1, install rom manager, and install whatever rom you want from there.

Links