DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone will not boot - stuck at Motorola screen - Please help!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Phone will not boot - stuck at Motorola screen - Please help!

Had BBv0.4 running well on the machine, and I tried to install a custom theme posted here on the forums. Downloaded it, copied to SD card, renamed to update.zip, used ROM Manager to install, phone tries to reboot, and is stuck on the Motorola symbol.

I was able to use RSD Lite to get access to recovery console (by powering on with X held down).

During the process of getting a custom ROM to work last night, I formatted my SD card, and therefore losing my nandroids backups I made.

Please help, if there is a way, to restore my phone. Again, I have access to RSD Lite, by booting by holding Up on the phone, and also have access to the recovery console, by booting with X held down.

Thank you, and any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by hookbill; 07-24-2010 at 01:08 PM.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crone View Post
    Had BBv0.4 running well on the machine, and I tried to install a custom theme posted here on the forums. Downloaded it, copied to SD card, renamed to update.zip, used ROM Manager to install, phone tries to reboot, and is stuck on the Motorola symbol.

I was able to use RSD Lite to get access to recovery console (by powering on with X held down).

During the process of getting a custom ROM to work last night, I formatted my SD card, and therefore losing my nandroids backups I made.

Please help, if there is a way, to restore my phone. Again, I have access to RSD Lite, by booting by holding Up on the phone, and also have access to the recovery console, by booting with X held down.

Do you have SPRecovery installed? If you do then a wipe of cache and data should clear it up for you.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I do. Trying that right now.. If it's that easy. Omg. Thank you!

Edit: Didn't work. Still stuck on Motorola symbol. I did notice that when I reboot from SPRecovery, it says something about something not found, but it still reboots so quick I can't read it.
    Last edited by Crone; 07-24-2010 at 01:14 PM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    If not, then you will have to use RSD to reflash 2.1 ..
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    If not, then you will have to use RSD to reflash 2.1 ..
    Is there a thread explaining this? Please.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member

Unfortunately since you formatted your SD card you erased/lost all of the data that was stored on the card. Did you by chance make a copy of your SD card on your computer?
    If so, mount your phone and copy the file back to the SD card. If, however, you did not make a copy then your option is to reflash SPRecovery and start over.

Mike
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post

Unfortunately since you formatted your SD card you erased/lost all of the data that was stored on the card. Did you by chance make a copy of your SD card on your computer?
    If so, mount your phone and copy the file back to the SD card. If, however, you did not make a copy then your option is to reflash SPRecovery and start over.

Mike
    Can't start over, because after flashing SPRecovery, the phone never reboots, it still gets stuck on the Motorola symbol. Somehow, the SPRecovery was still installed, so I can get to it, but the phone never reboots after flashing.

Therefore, I can't actually get into the phone to copy a new ROM to the SD card, to be able to use SPRecovery to get a new ROM working.
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Not sure if this will work

Since you can get into SPR try mounting your phone and see if you can add a rom. If so, you should be able to use SPR to flash. If your phone will not mount then my suggestion is to use a micro SD card reader and insert that into your computer and add a rom.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how you resolve.
    Mike
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That's a sweet idea. I'll use my card reader to load another ROM on there, and then load into SP recovery, and see if I can't load it up that way.

Thanks again for the help everyone. Hope to get my phone back online soon.
  11. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Please let us know if you are successful.

Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links