DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to rooting, need some answers

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Droid
    So if you want to use RM and used sprecovery will it not work? So last thing for now...I think. If you install a theme, how would you go back to the stock theme so that I could put a different theme on? Secondly, I've seen some things where you can change little things like the battery indicator or notification bar color, can you do that if your using a theme too or will it mess up the stability?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    RM will give you the option to flash clockwork to your phone. Im a cheapskate, so I wont pay for RM. Plus, I feel if you are modding your phone, you should know what you are doing to it. It will give you a better point of reference if you know how to manually do these things, instead of just pushing a button on an app. This was an issue with the DroidMod "wonder app", and just scan the forums for problems with RM and clockwork people have had. Most of the problems would be easily solved if people had an idea of what they were doing (or cared to find out what they were doing) instead of letting someone else do the work for them.
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Droid
    So I tried to flash sprecovery and rsd lite says it failed and now my droid is stuck on a black screen, someone help please

well i got it off the black screen and can boot it up and works ok, when i turn it of and hold x while turning it back on the normal menu to create nandroid back up, factory reset etc. wont come up just the triangle with the exclimation point and the phone laying beside it

I think its something with the drivers, everytime i connect my droid it starts downloading drivers which I don't understand because I've a). used my phone before on my computer to transfer music, and b.)downloaded the driver per the step by step and it still does it

Disregard all of the above, I successfully did it!
    Last edited by Wilk; 07-23-2010 at 07:59 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    i rooted last week using the instructions 'wilk' is looking at. I now have sapphire 0.7.0 running. I like what 'Bob Damnit' is saying as far as learning how to do things manually. I'm very lost on what to do next now that i have rooted but i am heading over to the sapphire site to see what i can learn.
    One question i do have though. I read a lot where about when loading something on your SD card, you first change the name of the file to 'update.zip' as i did when i first loaded sapphire. what i don't know is once you load something you have renamed update.zip, do you then delete it so that you can again use update.zip to load whatever you want to next?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links