DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooted Flashed to Metro PCS Moto Droid but can't get Web,MMS,and ect..

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Rooted Flashed to Metro PCS Moto Droid but can't get Web,MMS,and ect..

I have a flashed and rooted metro pcs motorola droid but the only thing is i need help is having web, mms, apps and the rest to work, and is there any way someone can help me, because i only have voice and text working, i heard its possible, and can be done, but i dont know how?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Did you flash your Droid to Metro Pcs manually? I paid a person to flash my stock 2.1 Droid and everything is working fine - talk, text, mms, gps, wifi, web.

From what I've read, metroweb won't work if you update to Froyo 2.2.

I am saving $60-$70 a month and I even get unlimited international calling to most countries with Metro Pcs. Just sweet! Been abusing all the unlimited everything perks and prank calling Cannucks.
    Last edited by yulaw84; 08-10-2010 at 03:28 AM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by yulaw84 View Post
    I am saving $60-$70 a month and I even get unlimited international calling to most countries with Metro Pcs. Just sweet! Been abusing all the unlimited everything perks and prank calling Cannucks.
    LOL. I'm in Canada. I used to have MetroPCS when I lived in ATL. Are you in an area that has EVDO or is the unlimited internet on your Droid a bit slow?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    LOL. I'm in Canada. I used to have MetroPCS when I lived in ATL. Are you in an area that has EVDO or is the unlimited internet on your Droid a bit slow?
    I work in Philadelphia area and only get the 1x sign so internet is a bit slow. I only use the browser when on a WiFi spot so not really too bummed about the slow carrier internet.The GPS is a blessing for when I'm walking around the business district and want to dine in some obscure restaurant I've never been before.

My experience with MetroPcs so far has been positive, no contracts and I just set my monthly payments to automatic card pay. Glad I switched to MetroPCS with my verizon droid. The one drawback to MetroPcs is their limited and overpriced selection of phones.

I'll probably keep the Droid for 1 more year. Not impressed at all with Droid 2 with just minor cosmetic changes and only a small bump in processing power. Droid X is okay but I prefer to have a qwerty keyboard as it allows for much faster texting during traffic light stops. Droid X's screen is a definite improvement, but in all honesty, who watches vids using their cellphones? We have laptops for that. A lot of guys will probably buy it for better Fapping experience in the office bathroom I guess. Oh no he DIdeEent!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    You'd be amazed at how many people use the Droid to watch video's. I convert tv shows that I record with mythtv and just watch them while I wait for my wife to get off work.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Mine is flashed and rooted too

Did you flash your Droid to Metro Pcs manually? I paid a person to flash my stock 2.1 Droid and everything is working fine - talk, text, mms, gps, wifi, web.

My Droid has been flashed and rooted too... Does your tethering works? mine does send a signal and my laptop does read it as an internet signal... but the signal does not have internet... everything else works fine...
    Other question: I was using the skype thingy and i just got a message saying my skype trial period has expired.. i thought by having the phone rooted everything will work unlimited. did i do something wrong? i did not touch any setting on the phone, however i did format the SD card. I have no clue if that messed up my swype Ap or not.
    My main concern though is to get the tethering to work and also if anyone could tell me where to download some free APS :-)
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalifa View Post

I was using the skype thingy and i just got a message saying my skype trial period has expired.......................... I have no clue if that messed up my swype Ap or not.

Skype or Swype?

if anyone could tell me where to download some free APS :-)
    There are thousands of free apps in the market. If you are asking where to dl paid apps for free....we do NOT condone this!!! Just pay the lousy buck or two to support the dev.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    leaving the paying for aps out of the conversation, im still unable to get the tethering to work on the droid.
    I ha wireless tether for rooted users as well as easy tether free version and none of them provide me a good internet signal to my laptop.
    Does any of you know if the Metro Pcs plan has anything to do with this. i am currently enrolled on the 40 bucks a month and have no prob to switching to the 60 bucks for smart phones plan. however, from what i read on this forums is that the plan doesn't really matter. Everything else works fine on the phone, except for picture messaging... for whatever reason it does not send the pictures unless using gmail.
    Is there an Ap on the market that may fix this problem? thx in advance for the response.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalifa View Post
    leaving the paying for aps out of the conversation, im still unable to get the tethering to work on the droid.
    I ha wireless tether for rooted users as well as easy tether free version and none of them provide me a good internet signal to my laptop.
    Does any of you know if the Metro Pcs plan has anything to do with this. i am currently enrolled on the 40 bucks a month and have no prob to switching to the 60 bucks for smart phones plan. however, from what i read on this forums is that the plan doesn't really matter. Everything else works fine on the phone, except for picture messaging... for whatever reason it does not send the pictures unless using gmail.
    Is there an Ap on the market that may fix this problem? thx in advance for the response.

Sure. Tell us how you "flashed to Metro PCS" and you can have all the answers.

E
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Flashed to metro.

I did not do it myself... i payed a guy in Fullerton, CA. 85 bucks and he took it somewhere. i was already a client of metro PCS but he told me for new customers it was 110 and 100 with a coupon.
    (714)360-8938 dont remember his name.. and dont know where could you find a coupon.
    Back t the subject of "does metro support tethering" if anyone has any idea how to do it or if its not possible please reply. thank you in advance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links