DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing themes/Roms/Live Wallpapers

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question Installing themes/Roms/Live Wallpapers

Hey I just rooted my motorola droid yesterday and I have seen all of these custom roms and themes but I have no idea how to install them. can someone show me how to put new themes romss and live wallpapers on my Droid? ty in advance
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Are you running SPrecovery or ClockworkMod/ROM Manager???
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    I have the sprecovery I already rooted my droid and installed a default froyo rom I think it was called sapphire and I just wanted to try out some new stuff. I think I have to put the new rom in as update.zip but my question is how do you put it on and since there is already a rom on there named update.zip do you delete that one or what? its so confusing

EDIT:Actually I have SPrecovery and Rom manager but when I first rooted my droid I used SPrecovery
    Last edited by MasterMike32; 07-20-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Made a quick error sorry
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMike32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    I have the sprecovery I already rooted my droid and installed a default froyo rom I think it was called sapphire and I just wanted to try out some new stuff. I think I have to put the new rom in as update.zip but my question is how do you put it on and since there is already a rom on there named update.zip do you delete that one or what? its so confusing

EDIT:Actually I have SPrecovery and Rom manager but when I first rooted my droid I used SPrecovery
    Did u flash Clockwork through Rom Manager? Either way, if you have an update zip... it will work on SP and Clockwork. Delete the update zip on your sd card. Place the new update zip on you sd card. Reboot into SP recovery or Clockwork. Install the update from there.
    If you Like what I do PLEASE DONATE.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Well if you use Rom manager you can flash clockworkmod recovery and then download and install roms right from rom manager. the free version only has a few options, but those roms are the more popular ones like cyanogen and bugless beast. If you use rom manager to install a new rom make sure you check the boxes for creating a backup(in case anything goes wrong) and wiping data and cache ( to ensure proper rom installation). You will lose all your apps and texts and everything on your phone when you wipe data and cache, but the sd card remains untouched.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    OG & TBolt yay!!
    I can help you thru Goggle talk if you need assistance, it will be faster than using this post.

Alonso
    Last edited by alonsou; 08-18-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: remove email
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzy1427 View Post
    Well if you use Rom manager you can flash clockworkmod recovery and then download and install roms right from rom manager. the free version only has a few options, but those roms are the more popular ones like cyanogen and bugless beast. If you use rom manager to install a new rom make sure you check the boxes for creating a backup(in case anything goes wrong) and wiping data and cache ( to ensure proper rom installation). You will lose all your apps and texts and everything on your phone when you wipe data and cache, but the sd card remains untouched.
    Yea I bought the rom manager pro thing but Im not really sure how to do the backup
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    OG & TBolt yay!!

Yea I bought the rom manager pro thing but Im not really sure how to do the backup

Open RM scroll down to "backup Current ROM" give it a name if you want it (usually I give it the name of the ROM I'm using and then the date and time of the back up) hit ok and let it do its magic.

Every time you install a new theme or Rom, make sure to run a back up, you have no idea how important it is until you need them.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by alonsou View Post

Open RM scroll down to "backup Current ROM" give it a name if you want it (usually I give it the name of the ROM I'm using and then the date and time of the back up) hit ok and let it do its magic.

Every time you install a new theme or Rom, make sure to run a back up, you have no idea how important it is until you need them.
    Ok it says that I need to install ClockworkMod recovery. does this replace sprecovery?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    OG & TBolt yay!!
    Yes it will replace SPR, but you can always go back and flash back SPR.... Open RM and the first option says "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" click on it then it will give the "phone model" click on it and just wait. You should have a CWM 2.5.0.1 which is the latest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links