Ugh.. Well, "Rooting" sounds too good to resist. I just hope I don't "break" my phone. BTW.. What's "Overclock"?
Original Moto Droid owner.
1) I do a lot of traveling and like to listen to talk radio, but being most talk radio is AM, I get lotsa dead spots. Now, with Flash, I can go to my local AM station's website and listen live. Hardly any dead spots.
2) Another technological device I can tinker with every other hour!
3) Titanium Backup
4) SetCPU and chevy's OC kernels
5) BEING ABLE TO SAY F-U TO DA MAN (Steve Jobs, Verizon)!
Stock OS runs at 550MHz
You can OC up to 1200 MHz (1.2Ghz)
You can also underclock all the way down to 125Mhz, which is good for when the screen is off and this helps maintain or even increase battery life
Got OG on launch day, Got Nexus on launch day. Only Vanilla Android for me!
Please follow me on twitter VTCapsFan !!!
besides overclocking and tethering since those seem to be a commonality, here are my top ones
1) MenuUnlock - seems minor, but I'm addicted to it
2) Chrome-To-Phone - love that little thing, use it ALL the time... it won't require root, but will only be on Froyo, which I have early b/c of being rooted
3) Customize images in the framework
4) Wavesecure as a system app