So I'm tethered using Bluetooth DUN on my mac right now. It was a really weird string of processes I had to follow to get it to work but I'll post here. USB tether works flawlessly with PDANet 2.17, but Bluetooth at least requires me to mess around more to get it to work. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a black macbook.
1. Make sure your mac is connected to wireless internet via airport.
2. Enable bluetooth DUN on pdanet on the droid.
3. Go to network settings, bluetooth DUN, and click "connect."
4. The bluetooth DUN setting will work, and it will stay connected rather than simply connecting briefly and then turning off.
5. Turn off your airport and wireless will drop, but the droid will stay tethered and working.
Now if you don't have a wireless connection over airport when you start all this, the bluetooth DUN from the droid will connect for a second, and then it will drop the connection. WHY does this happen!!?? Isn't the whole purpose of tethering the phone to get internet when I DON'T have access to other wireless networks!? PLEASE somebody clarify this for me, or write up how you have gotten bluetooth DUN and PDANet to work with your mac!!