DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with tethering on a mac PDAnet

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I can tether via USB on a mac and my phone isn't even rooted...Proxoid
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
    FIgured out why i cant get it to work. I cant turn on blue tooth on the droid for someone reason. I tried system settings and the power widget. When i turn on the blue tooth it was turning on blue tooth and then just goes back to the turn on blue tooth unchecked box again. Anyone else having this problem?
    YES, I do have that problem. If I try to use PdaNET without first enabling bluetooth with the PowerControl widget or Settings menu, bluetooth will not turn on until I reboot the phone. No idea why. Make sure you turn bluetooth on BEFORE you start PdaNET (Using PowerControl or the Settings menu) and you won't have that problem.

As such, this bug means that the PdaNET widget doesn't work, either.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by trainstroker View Post
    I can tether via USB on a mac and my phone isn't even rooted...Proxoid
    Really? im going to check that one out.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    the mac version of pdanet is on their website under the android section. its version 2.15. it includes usb tethering and bluetooth DUN
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by lqdboard View Post
    the mac version of pdanet is on their website under the android section. its version 2.15. it includes usb tethering and bluetooth DUN
    I just tried it and it doesn't work. The instructions say that installation will create a new network interface that I'll see in the Network Preferences, but nothing shows up there. When I click connect, it says it can't find the network preferences.

I'd really rather use Bluetooth anyway, but that isn't working either. I get an error about not finding an "RFCOMM serial port"...

WTF? I'd swear PDAnet worked with Bluetooth when I first downloaded it a few weeks ago, and now it doesn't work anymore, and neither does USB.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by carlaron View Post
    I just tried it and it doesn't work. The instructions say that installation will create a new network interface that I'll see in the Network Preferences, but nothing shows up there. When I click connect, it says it can't find the network preferences.

I'd really rather use Bluetooth anyway, but that isn't working either. I get an error about not finding an "RFCOMM serial port"...

WTF? I'd swear PDAnet worked with Bluetooth when I first downloaded it a few weeks ago, and now it doesn't work anymore, and neither does USB.
    From what I've been able to figure out, the RFCOMM profile is not currently supported on Droid. I wanted to attach a hand held bar code scanner which didn't work. It apparently needs that profile.

Maybe some techies could elaborate.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by rothenbj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlaron View Post

From what I've been able to figure out, the RFCOMM profile is not currently supported on Droid. I wanted to attach a hand held bar code scanner which didn't work. It apparently needs that profile.

Maybe some techies could elaborate.
    I've had some bizarrely unpredictable successes getting the BlueTooth Connection to work.... I just can't mail down what the actual difference is between the times it works and when it doesn't. Sometimes, it seems like if I restart both the Mac and the Droid, and make the PDANet BlueTooth connection before doing anything else on the Droid, it will work... but not again if I disconnect and try to re-connect.. and not every time, either... Very weird. I NEVER got the USB tether to work at all, so I uninstalled the damn software, since the Bluetooth one didn't require any special software, and maybe they'll get that working again?

I did manager to get "azlink" working for a USB tether, but it is a bit of a pain in the butt and not clearly documented.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I was just messing with this issue earlier my Mac and PDA net I will try the Bluetooth thing internet wasn't working the program would freeze on my Mac connecting via USB connection.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I use PDAnet on my MBP and have no problems with it. You have to make sure to have the updated software from June Fabrics.. They have updated this software to support USB tethering on Mac.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Will pdanet work with a G4 Powerbook? I am running OS 10.5.6 (Leopard). I read somewhere that it doesn't work on with Powerbooks or iMacs. Has anyone had success getting it to work on a machine with a Power PC processor (as opposed to intel). Thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links