DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boot-up Sound on DROID X...info in build.prop

Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I had some extra time at work and put together a better set of instructions... I take no credit for these, I just put them together from a few different threads!

Download all files at once... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ZT11QID

TO ENABLE BOOT SOUNDS ON D1, D2, DX (ROOT USERS ONLY!!!)
    Credit - oldschool71

Download: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ld-prop-2.html It's about halfway down page 2.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
    2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
    3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
    4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
    5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
    6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
    7. simple as that.

BOOT ANIMATION Installation Instructions
    Credit- doomedromance
    Downloads:

Optimized for D1- Credit - doomedromance, elektronikbadger for desc.txt to add sound
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RT1QZSFK

***If you want the original sounds from the R2D2 bootanimation, you'll need to get it from the first link. The sound is not included with the bootanimation.zip***

Rooted Users:
    Use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip
    1. Put on SD Card
    2. Rename R2D1_bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip (Can be done from computer before copied to SD Card instead.)
    3. Copy and Paste it into /data/local (will take up memory used for apps)
    alt. 3. Copy and past into /system/media (This will replace your original bootanimation so be sure to rename that file to bootanimation.zip.bak before copying the new one.)
    4. Turn off your phone.
    5. Turn on your phone.

No Root needed:
    *must have Android SDK installed. and put the android-sdk folder on your c drive (c:/android-sdk)
    *install the motorola usb drivers for your OS (Win 32bit) (Win 64bit)
    rename R2D1_bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip and create a folder on your c drive named bootanimation (c:/bootanimation)
    Process:
    - Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
    - cd c:/android-sdk (or /wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is)
    - adb devices (to verify the connection - will show your device serial number if connected)
    - cd c:/bootanimation
    - adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
    - adb reboot
    Your phone will now reboot and play your new bootanimation!

The sound that is listed in the desc.txt MUST BE PLACED IN THE /SYSTEM/MEDIA/ FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE!!! YOU WILL NOT GET SOUND IF IT IS NOT PLACED IN THAT SPECIFIC FOLDER.

If you do everything here and follow the steps, you can have bootsounds too!

You can edit the desc.txt on any bootanimation to play whatever sound you want, as long as the sound is called in the desc.txt and is also located in the /system/media/ folder. The bootanimation does not look anywhere else!
    Last edited by elektronikbadger; 11-12-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Links updated
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Not to be ungrateful for the help, but neither of the boot animation links have the s call in the desc.txt

And now the updated link to the original D2 is listed as bad
    Last edited by Im_Gumby; 11-12-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Links updated!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    No joy.
    I enabled the boot sounds as described.
    Here is my boot animation file w/o "star wars" and "droid" and updated desc.txt
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11856351/bootanimation.zip
    All it does after the (M) is have a blank screen for a couple of seconds then it is on to the lock page.
    Without the s call, I would at least see R2.

Thoughts?
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My suggestions...

First, your link does not work for me on my PC. I'm downloading on my Droid to see what's up with it.

Second, I'd suggest using the bootanimation.zip from one of the links BEFORE you edit it. This way you'd know if your sound works or not.

Third, it sounds like the bootanimation.zip you're using has been zipped with compression. If you edit any .zip you make sure it is zipped as "store". If the bootanimation.zip is zipped correctly and has the desc.txt correct then it will show the animation.
    Last edited by elektronikbadger; 11-12-2010 at 12:03 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by elektronikbadger View Post
    My suggestions...

First, your link does not work for me on my PC. I'm downloading on my Droid to see what's up with it.

Second, I'd suggest using the bootanimation.zip from one of the links BEFORE you edit it. This way you'd know if your sound works or not.

Third, it sounds like the bootanimation.zip you're using has been zipped with compression. If you edit any .zip you make sure it is zipped as "store". If the bootanimation.zip is zipped correctly and has the desc.txt correct then it will show the animation.
    To test it, I used your latest upload (r2d2.zip) w/o changes.
    No effect... still the black screen after the (M)
    Thanks for the assistance.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Did you rename the file to bootanimation.zip? It worked fine for me.

Here's the one I have running on my phone. I have it in the /system/media/ folder. If this one does not work, it's got to be a ROM issue of some sort. I've used this same bootanimation on CM6.3, BB0.4 and 0.5, UD 8, 1.0.0, 2.0.0 with no issues...
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I'll update my post with this one.

Let me know if it works!
    Last edited by elektronikbadger; 11-12-2010 at 12:33 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    first off i tried this and it works flawlessly. i had a question, you know the droid never miss commercial. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

i know they made a boot animation of this somewhere, and i was wondering would it be possible to get the sound for that one?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    1.3Ghz SoUrCeD OuT GNeXu$!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool71 View Post
    Modifying the build.prop will only give you a sound at the end of the bootanimation.

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
    2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
    3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
    4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
    5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
    6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
    7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks
    How do I do this (You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media) if I use the R2D2 animation or any other for that matter.
    1.6Ghz SourceD out GNeXu$!!!
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    How do I do this (You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media) if I use the R2D2 animation or any other for that matter.
    You'll need to open the bootanimation.zip and read the desc.txt file. The file will specify what sound (if any) is called for. You can edit the desc.txt to change the sound file to whatever you want, but you must add it back in to the bootanimation.zip and make sure the zip is not compressed (set to STORE).

If the bootanimation does not contain a sound file in the desc.txt you'll need to add the "s" tag followed by the sound file name (with extension). The "s" tag must be entered for all parts that you want a sound to play (part0, part1, ect). Most bootanimations use a single sound file in the last part of the animation.

If you're having trouble with the desc.txt or making a bootanimation you'll need to go to the theming part of the site... they'll be able to help you more.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links