Hey guys, I'm following these steps:
from: How to Root Your Motorola Droid Running 2.1. Downgrade using the 2.0.1 SBF file and follow the instructions here.
2. [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Download[/COLOR][/COLOR]
the 2.1 update.zip from here.
3. Download the attached .zip file from here, and name it droid-ESE81-update-2.zip
4. Open [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]command [COLOR=blue ! important]prompt[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
and run the following command to combine them: copy /b signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip+droid-ESE81-update-2.zip update.zip (If this is successful then you get a file named update.zip)
5. Then copy the update.zip to your SDCard (root meaning, inside no folders), reboot to STOCK recovery
6. In recovery, press Volume + and Camera then use the D-pad to select Apply update.zip
7. The end result, your Droid has been successfully rooted!
and I'm stuck at step 5. What exactly is "reboot to STOCK recovery?" I think that means restore to factory settings? I have no idea... So, if someone could tell me what I have to do to "reboot to STOCK recovery" I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Oh, and also, in step 5, when it says copy the update.zip to your SDCard, does that mean extract the files within the .zip to the SDcard or just copy "update.zip" and place it on the root of the card?