DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: rooted 2.1

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jbyrd0514
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Premium Member

Talking rooted 2.1

Ok so long story short my original droid messed up couldn't get it to fix. So verizon shipped me a new one i flashed SBF and tried to use droid mod to root. I got the ninga but was unable to have su permissions.

I left it alone for the night and did some thinking and came up with this. If you youse droidmod (or any "old" update.zip) to root you may be using the .zip file for 2.0.1. So in the thread SBF to root and unroot they give you the ese81 for the 2.1. I deleted the old update and applied the new one and was able to get su permissions.

This may have been addressed already but for all people having problems similar to mine try this method it works.

3. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgrz2614 View Post
    Ok so long story short my original droid messed up couldn't get it to fix. So verizon shipped me a new one i flashed SBF and tried to use droid mod to root. I got the ninga but was unable to have su permissions.

I left it alone for the night and did some thinking and came up with this. If you youse droidmod (or any "old" update.zip) to root you may be using the .zip file for 2.0.1. So in the thread SBF to root and unroot they give you the ese81 for the 2.1. I deleted the old update and applied the new one and was able to get su permissions.

This may have been addressed already but for all people having problems similar to mine try this method it works.
    I've read this twice and I can't figure out what the heck you're saying. Can you please say it using English?

E
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jbyrd0514
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Premium Member
    Do you have a rooted phone or is your phone rooted. What this means is the root file for 2.0.1 will not work for 2.1. I see problem concerning this quite often.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgrz2614 View Post
    Do you have a rooted phone or is your phone rooted. What this means is the root file for 2.0.1 will not work for 2.1. I see problem concerning this quite often.
    Let's see if I can't either clear the muck or make it worst. You cannot root 2.1. In order to root you have to go back to 2.0.1, then root, then you can use 2.1 ROMs that are available.

Now I'm not trying to add to the confusion but IF your goal is to go to 2.2 you can get there directly by using 2.1, RSD LITE, SPRecovery without having to go back to 2.0.1. When you SPRecovery and do restore from the 2.2 Froyo it will then root for you. 2.2 comes with root built into it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

help with root

I am attempting to root my moto droid. I accidentally selected the wrong .sbf file and caught it. however I had already started. So I stopped & attempted to root it with the correct VZW...... .sbf file. but its stuck on 21% executed. Not sure how to resolve this...
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated..

BTW... Using RSDlite
    Last edited by tohanlon; 07-12-2010 at 09:55 AM.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tohanlon View Post
    I am attempting to root my moto droid. I accidentally selected the wrong .sbf file and caught it. however I had already started. So I stopped & attempted to root it with the correct VZW...... .sbf file. but its stuck on 21% executed. Not sure how to resolve this...
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated..

BTW... Using RSDlite

I think your best bet is to start over. Reboot your phone then power off and boot into bootloader and start from the beginning. That way you know that you have the correct full SPRecovery loaded and hopefully no glitches.

Links