I updated my phone with 2.2 last night. Things went well after a rocky start (thanks for all came to my rescue). First, let me provide some background of this update:
I follow exactly outlined in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post528613. The build I use is P3D-FRF84B-Release.zip.
1. wifi-tether is working well;
2. all apps except one (CallTrack) showed up automatically. I re-download CallTrack manually from the market.
3. Adobe flash is working while the videos I pick from hulu's website returned with a message saying it's not available at the site. I dont know what caused it. However, I can watch videos from cnbc so I think flash is working.
4. tried usb tethering but unable to make it work. Do I have to check "Application"->"Development"->"USB Debugging" prior to connecting the wire? I didn't do that when testing. My PC was looking for A855 driver, even the motorola 4.6 is installed. It said it couldn't find it, that was the end of the test.
5. Here is one BIG disappointment: there is no gmail account switching when composing message. This feature would be useful for those having multiple gmails. When composing a message, gmail app would automatically go back to the one you used last time. What if I want to use a different gmail? You need to go back, select a different account, and start composing. Two extra steps as I see it. There was an article in June saying 2.2 would allow switching on the message composing screen.
the droid geek [dot] com: Android 2.2 Features - Whats New. I think it's cool and a reasonable improvement. When I tried it this morning, I can't see it is there.
That's where I am in regards to the update. Speed is better. It does make a difference and I like that.