DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Question about my rooted droid with froyo?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Question about my rooted droid with froyo?

I havnt did much with rooting before this so I went and rooted my phone and put froyo on it. Found the whole process simple enough. Now with the impending official release of froyo I was wondering how I would go back to unrooted stock 2.1 to get the official 2.2? I know I am waiting until there is confirmation it is coming out but I would like to know ahead of time.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid101 View Post
    I havnt did much with rooting before this so I went and rooted my phone and put froyo on it. Found the whole process simple enough. Now with the impending official release of froyo I was wondering how I would go back to unrooted stock 2.1 to get the official 2.2? I know I am waiting until there is confirmation it is coming out but I would like to know ahead of time.

If you have the latest version of Froyo that was released a few days ago in the "still more Froyo" thread in the news section then you have the exact same version that will be released to the public, with the exception that you are rooted.

Other then that if you want a stock unrooted update you will need to restore your nandroid backup that I'm sure you did before you rooted OR you can follow the .sbf directions on how to restore your Droid back to stock.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

If you have the latest version of Froyo that was released a few days ago in the "still more Froyo" thread in the news section then you have the exact same version that will be released to the public, with the exception that you are rooted.

Other then that if you want a stock unrooted update you will need to restore your nandroid backup that I'm sure you did before you rooted OR you can follow the .sbf directions on how to restore your Droid back to stock.
    Yes I did a backup. How would I go about applying that when the time comes or if I decide too?

Thanks for your help its appreciated.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    power off your phone. hold x on the qwerty keypad and power on the phone ( continue to hold x ). there you will see nandroid. scroll down using volume button and select it with the camera button.

if you have rom manager you can do it from that too
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I want to make sure I understand this right: the nandroid backup IS very different from the original in the sense the SPRecovery is still in effect. Basically it will block the OTA. In order to get the OTA, one has to restore one of the stock sbf which will wipe out the existing system + SPRecovery. A subsequent OTA would bring the system on bar.

Am I correct on that? This is my concern too so I need expert's advise.

thanks.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

where is that "still more froyo" thread in the news section? I'm on the news part of the forum but I don't see that thread.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboixshawn View Post
    power off your phone. hold x on the qwerty keypad and power on the phone ( continue to hold x ). there you will see nandroid. scroll down using volume button and select it with the camera button.

I looked I went in to sprecovery backup/restore and there was options for simple nandroid restore and then there was one for Advanced nandroid restore I would choose Advanced more than likely right? Just wondering in case 2.2 actually does hit in 2 days
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboixshawn View Post

I looked I went in to sprecovery backup/restore and there was options for simple nandroid restore and then there was one for Advanced nandroid restore I would choose Advanced more than likely right? Just wondering in case 2.2 actually does hit in 2 days
    Anyone?? ^^^

Links