DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unbrick Pretty Much Anything!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    I'm loading the files RSD and the VZW 2.0, not going to update just yet. but the thing is that my computer doesn't read the phone at all. how can I load any files to the phone?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Zitiger
    If you can get into recovery why can't you restore one of your back ups? or did you never do a back up? But in RSD Lite it always fails i don't think i've had one that didn't the trick is once it says it fails you just have to click show device and the phone will reboot and once it's all the way on you have succeeded.
    johnny quest
    When you open rsd lite and then you plug your phone in nothing comes up? on mine it comes up with a bunch of letters and numbers and says connected next to it that weird name is my phone. Do you just not have anything show up? or do you get the weird looking name?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by gflam View Post
    Zitiger
    If you can get into recovery why can't you restore one of your back ups? or did you never do a back up? But in RSD Lite it always fails i don't think i've had one that didn't the trick is once it says it fails you just have to click show device and the phone will reboot and once it's all the way on you have succeeded.
    johnny quest
    When you open rsd lite and then you plug your phone in nothing comes up? on mine it comes up with a bunch of letters and numbers and says connected next to it that weird name is my phone. Do you just not have anything show up? or do you get the weird looking name?
    I've been going back and forth on this thing. The battery won't charge at all. for a brief moment I was able to get on the bootloader screen and it says "battery low, can not program" but then it was able so I disconnected the phone from the outlet and rushed it to my laptop and did the RSD lite and it was loading. it was starting to download the image files but then the battery.... it died again. So, it disconnected me from the RSD.
    My friend never did a backup on the phone. He was doing a root thing and while in process he thought it was finished and disconnected the phone and it bricked. Now, he has an Incredible and gave me this. I have an Eris and love it, but if I can get this to work I might switch.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    Well u have to get it charged especially cause the flash in rsd lite takes about 10 minutes but since it died while flashing from what i've heard u may have bricked it completely. Just try to get it charged if u can't then there's nothing u can really do cause it won't flash unless it's charged
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    I placed an order for a battery so soon as it comes in I'll give it another try.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    If I may respecfully submit, there is an easier way to do this and that would be to use the actual FRG22D .sbf file that's been out for almost a month now and then MotoCache1's guide to root it.

Also, NEVER, EVER, EVER try using this method and/or .sbf files on ANY PHONE other than the Motorola A855. Anyone who suggests to 'just give it a try' is steering your phone down the path of certain destruction, and I surely wouldn't trust that person too much. These .sbf files are designed only for ONE phone model.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    Alright thanks for the knowledge i wasn't sure but it's good to know that they're only for the moto droid 1 and yea i have had that file sitting on my desktop for a while but haven't had the time to flash it or mess with it and see where it takes me. I'll upload it soon and rewrite the guide as it is a bit out of date now
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    Ok, I finally got the battery. I had to pick it up at the post office "finally". I inserted the battery and its in the boot loader screen. It says:

Bootloader
    2C.7C

Code Corrupt
    battery low
    cannot program

is there a battery charger out there? it seems as though I just wasted my time waiting for this battery, hoping that it'll be at least 50% and I can't even do the RSD. So, I'm about to give up and just get rid of the phone. Save me headaches.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    I've heard of separate droid battery chargers but i have to go to class now so i'll look it up when i get back for you but i'm pretty sure they exist.
    Lastly there are better guides out there now that will do the same thing my guide does but at a much quicker pace as mine is a bit out of date and there have been newer sbf files released and new strategies to fixing a "bricked phone" i however still use my guide and used it yesterday cause i like what works and don't mind taking a little while longer rather then having to learn a whole new method
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    The verizon store is getting me a separate battery charger for $12 and maybe I can charge the battery and finally do this unbricking method. Its very frustrating this waiting process. Thanks for responding.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links