DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooted Rebooting Non Charging Droid Problem! Help Please :(

1. Master Droid
    Member #

Rooted Rebooting Non Charging Droid Problem! Help Please :(

Hey guys, so here goes start to finish. Lost my charger, had back up usb cord so charged it with that last night, worked great. Charged full to 100% no problems.

It died over night and when I plug it into the same usb computer link up, it just keeps rebooting, gets to slider screen then reboots instantly to the "droid" screen then loads again and repeats.

I bought replacement charger today and it actually does the same thing as above, just reboots and reboots and reboots and will not charge.

Any ideas? Bad battery? Just weird the order of events from when I lost the charger, nothing happened to the phone since then. I'm on BB I think... 2.1 if I remember correct.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by phaze3131; 06-24-2010 at 10:26 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    1. Plug USB Charger Cord into Droid.
    2. Pull battery from back of Droid. Wait ten seconds.
    3. Put battery back into Droid.
    4. Let it charge for a few hours.
    5. Turn Droid on and see if it is still stuck in boot loop.

I had the same thing happeneing to mine. The battery was so depleated that a USB to the Computer did not charge it. And every time I plugged the wall charger into the Droid it would try to power up but it did not have enough power to get through the boot cycle. You have to charge it while it is tunred off. And it always wanted to turn on when a USB cord was plugged into it.

Nate
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Oh..and I should add that I had a very similar situation yesterday when I tried a new kernel. My phone does not like the highest slot on any of the OC kernels. I tried the highest slot of this particular kernel and it acted like it had no battery...asking me to plug in the charger...yet pluggining in the charger did nothing...the phone did not recognize it and thought it still had a dead battery...even though the battery was fully charged.

I restored a nandroid and the phone booted up just fine with a full battery showing on the battery widget. Slid the SetCPU to the second highest slot and all has been fine with it since.

So sometimes it's just a kernel your phone doesn't like.

Nate
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nateccnn View Post
    1. Plug USB Charger Cord into Droid.
    2. Pull battery from back of Droid. Wait ten seconds.
    3. Put battery back into Droid.
    4. Let it charge for a few hours.
    5. Turn Droid on and see if it is still stuck in boot loop.

I had the same thing happeneing to mine. The battery was so depleated that a USB to the Computer did not charge it. And every time I plugged the wall charger into the Droid it would try to power up but it did not have enough power to get through the boot cycle. You have to charge it while it is tunred off. And it always wanted to turn on when a USB cord was plugged into it.

Nate
    ok thanks, I do have the real wall charger now, so knowing that should I do something different?

editx2: I haven't updated any kernals or roms in well over a month so I am pretty sure the problem isn't related to that, it's just a dead battery that won't charge. Maybe just bring it back to vz to get a new battery?

edit: when I do what you said it immediately turns itself on when I put the battery back in, which starts the cycle again. I can tell the battery is still dead because the few seconds its at the home slider screen the light in top right is red, which means a dead battery. I need to get it charged but it just keeps rebooting and rebooting...

It still reboots having the wall charger in...
    Last edited by phaze3131; 06-25-2010 at 01:25 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    bump for maybe an idea.. thanks all
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I experienced this today! It was so weird. I was texting, and the battery was around 10%, so the 15% battery warning came on. I went to plug my phone in, and the battery warning went away, BUT the battery icon wasn't ... "charging," and nor was the white light on. I unplugged it, and the warning reappeared... plugged it in, and it disappeared; battery icon was still the same. So, my phone eventually died *tear tear* and I'm just... perplexed as to what the heck happened! It wouldn't turn on, anything. Though it went into the bootloader for a few seconds, and I also got it to enter recovery (CWM) mode for a sec, attempted a reboot from there, and it died in the process... xD
    I just let it charge (wall charge) for about 2 hours and it eventually turned on. It was around 6:30 when it finally died, and just a few minutes ago it turned on. I'm guessing, as it turns out, it was too dead to charge before... but I don't get how it didn't charge when it was still on! Weird!

edit! -- on second thought... yeah... it died.. xD maybe i need a new charger or something.....

edit#2 - okay, so i had the supplied USB cable plugged into a USB extender cable which plugged into the wall adapter. apparently, that was the culprit of my situation. i omitted it, and my phone is charging fine.
    Last edited by Teezy; 06-29-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    -foREVer.

Links