Bluetooth Keyboard working with Droid? I think so! (Updated w/ Video!)
Hey everyone, so I've been checking out the forums here for a good while, and now I thought I'd share something I just recently found. It's basically allowing you to use a bluetooth keyboard to type on your android phone. It works pretty well for me right now, and it's called Bluekeyboard JP. Here are some general instructions from me, since the website's instructions aren't that clear...
1. Go into Market and search "bluekeyboard jp" and download the app; it's free. (Or go to this link and use the barcode scanner to access it: BlueKeyboard JP - Bluetooth for Android)
2. Once installed, go into your phone's Settings and go to Language & Keyboard.
3. Check BlueKeyboard JP and go into its settings, and then into bluetooth settings.
4. Enable Bluetooth and scan for devices. Make sure your bluetooth keyboard is on also.
5. If you see it in the devices list, click it and then it'll ask you to enter a PIN. Just type 4 numbers, such as 1234, and press OK.
6. Once you do that, on your bluetooth keyboard, type the same number sequence and press Enter and it should say your keyboard is "Paired, but not connected" on your Droid.
7. Go back and disable Auto Capitalization, select your keyboard in the Selected Keyboard tab and you should be good to go. To try it out effectively, disable your Android keyboard (or select the Bluekeyboard JP keyboard in the Input Method tab) and go into any app and select a text field and it should say that the keyboard is trying to connect in your notification bar. Once it does, try typing and it should work!
Only problems I have with this so far is that my keyboard doesn't remain on for some reason...but I think this maybe because I need new batteries in it. Otherwise, when it was on, it was typing fine and I was texting people using the keyboard and writing in Documents To Go with this. I will try and make a video of this in a little while to show you all exactly what to do, since the website's directions are kinda hard to follow.
UPDATE (7/31/10): So I just got a HTC Incredible and thought this method would work with it, but because of HTC's Sense UI and incomplete Bluetooth, it won't work. Hopefully, HTC will release some sort of a OTA update that addresses this, if it's not included in the 2.2 Froyo update due soon. Thanks!
Re: Bluetooth Keyboard working with Droid? I think so!
Do you mean the app or the actual keyboard? The actual one, you can get from Apple or any electronics store or retailer. Make sure you get one that's compatible with the ones on the website.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk