DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid 2.2 Decide My "SetCPU" Configuration - Lots of Pictures

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid 2.2 Decide My "SetCPU" Configuration - Lots of Pictures

Greetings Guys,

I just finally pulled the plog and followed ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post528613 ) and got the 2.2. I didn't have SetCPU, so I downloaded and now I'm totally confused on how to set this. I've taken pictures for you guys, to see. I hope you can tell me what to set each item too. Below is little about my use, and what I'd like to get from the phone.

Phone Use:
    I do quite bit of text, a few calls, no E-mail, and Web-Browsing is to minimum. What I like is, not a jittery OS use. I want everything to be fast and efficient. On the other hand, I don't want to over clock too much and use lose good battery life. My phone is brand new and on the 2.1, I had to charge every 24 hours. I'd like something like that, give or take a few hours. My 2.1 seemed to be extremely fast.

You be the decider for my SetCPU, Thanks:

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    To start...Click the Settings button and chose detect device. Select auto detect. Then click "Set on Boot" and slide that top bar over to the right. I seem to get good results from 800mhz. You play with settings until you find one that works and get on with life from there.

Nate
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    How about the Profiles? Those are all off, do I have to set those individually and if so, what are the best recommended setting for my use?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I would just make sure that the failsafe profile sets it back to 600 or 500 when its temp rises too much. Other than that it is all about how you use it. Does it do stuff on standby? If yes make it higher, if no, make it lower to reduce power consumption. Do you use it when charging? If yes make it really high, if no, let it sleep peacefully .... so forth.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: Droid 2.2 Decide My "SetCPU" Configuration - Lots of Pictures

How about the Profiles? Those are all off, do I have to set those individually and if so, what are the best recommended setting for my use?
    You finally made the switch?

You don't need to have profiles set unless you want to run lower clock speeds as your battery level goes down. If you do want to set them you can get lower the clock speed one slot every time your battery drops 25% if you want. You can also just set your settings so that you have the same Max/min clock speed all the time. You don't really need to overclock since your not doing CPU intensive stuff.

Sent from my Droid
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Lol, are you proud? I clicked the Enabled Data, waiting for my plan to replenish and see if it actually works.

Ok on to the SetCPU. So for normal day to day use, is it good to leave it at Max 550000 and Min 125000 and just click the Set on Boot? I have already done the Automatic Detect as well.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Lol, are you proud? I clicked the Enabled Data, waiting for my plan to replenish and see if it actually works.

Ok on to the SetCPU. So for normal day to day use, is it good to leave it at Max 550000 and Min 125000 and just click the Set on Boot? I have already done the Automatic Detect as well.
    No its just a whole different Droid with root vs stock unrooted Droid. You should check out themes for froyo and see if any catch your eye. Yeah 550 MHz is good, just like a stock Droid. You shouldn't see any performance decreases, hopefully you will see increase in performance from 2.1 to 2.2.

Sent from my Droid
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaidlaw View Post

No its just a whole different Droid with root vs stock unrooted Droid. You should check out themes for froyo and see if any catch your eye. Yeah 550 MHz is good, just like a stock Droid. You shouldn't see any performance decreases, hopefully you will see increase in performance from 2.1 to 2.2.

Sent from my Droid
    Didn't quite understand the bolded areal. Could you elaborate. Where do I find such themes?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

No its just a whole different Droid with root vs stock unrooted Droid. You should check out themes for froyo and see if any catch your eye. Yeah 550
    Didn't quite understand the bolded areal. Could you elaborate. Where do I find such themes?
    What I mean by a different Droid is you can easily customize your Droid to what you like. For example there are many roms that have different themes installedon them. Instead of the vanilla notification bar you can have black, pink, blue, or whatever color you choose. You can have customized icons, keyboard, and much more. You can find themes in Droid themes sub forum on Droidforums. You can find customized roms in custom roms sub forum. I would check out kangerade by jrummy, in the jrummy forum of custom roms,as it has 3-4 different colored themes.

Sent from my Droid
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    M3

SetCPU helps you manipulate the speed of your phone based on its kernel. The stock phone runs no higher than 550Mhz...but I know many people that have run their droids as fast as 1250Mhz (or 1.25 Ghz). My phone cant handle the 1250Mhz kernel...and I still saw some strange behavior with the 1200Mhz. But the 1100 MHz worked great for me.

Since going to Froyo, I have tried something new. With all the ne JIT processing and the speed increase from that. I am underclocking. I still get the battery life of 2.1 but the speed increase from Froyo.

as for themes for the droid, there is a whole section for that and there is some great stuff...including the option to customize yourself. I like to edit my live wallpapers and use nextheme on my phone...has a whole different look than a stock droid as you can see in my sig below.
    Current Phone- Rezound...unlocked and perm-rooted!
    Recovery - RA-VIGOR-v3.1.3-getitnowmarketing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links