DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Possible Hack?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Possible Hack?

I just read in the tech bug forum about an issue about aftermarket chargers causing strange behavior. I am a total noob to android devices, software so forgive me if im comparing apples to oranges(linux) lol but........ I used to do some programming of sat (dtv) access cards and the process of breaking them for reprogramming the eeproms was to flash the card with a random set of voltages/ amps and this would cause mass confusion on the chip and cause the eeprom to bypass the security and get you into the bootloader portion of the card to flash the new (open) eeprom. All tis was done without actually hacking the security portion of the card but by bypassing it and getting the card so confused that as the voltages changed it basically just screamed I GIVE UP and dumped the eeprom and allowed you access without actually having to deal with the security portion of the eeprom. Dont know if this would be any kind f an option for the droid but just thought i would throw it out there for someone smarter than me at android and its devices to mull over. Hope this helps and anything else i can do , i will. just ask and i will tell what i know. Happy Hacking
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X/EVO 3D/GTab 10.1/GNex
    It's not just aftermarket chargers that are causing strange issues with the MotoDroid. I returned my 1st one because it kept having strange text input issues where it wouldn't register key presses, misregister presses, input words I hand't typed, etc. After getting my 2nd phone and experiencing the same issues I traced it to using the phone while it's plugged in. I even watched my phone place a call while sitting on my bed with the charger plugged in.

Links