DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: droidmod to 2.2. quick question

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2

droidmod to 2.2. quick question

hello everyone. I have been out of the loop for months on the hacking stuff, so I kind of forgot all the terms. I have droidmod and want to go to 2.2. I am going to use this tutorial to get to 2.2.

Looks pretty straight forward. however, how do I run a nandroid backup. And then if something does go wrong how to I recover my old rom with the nandroid backup?

I have Sprecovery by the way.

And because I have Droidmod will that make the install of 2.2 any different for me?

thank you
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    You're all set with your setup! Power off your phone then....hold down the x key and press the power button. When a menu comes up scroll down to backup/restore..enter... then do an advanced nandroid backup! Easy! If you need more help..feel free to add me to gtalk!
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joemustang View Post
    hello everyone. I have been out of the loop for months on the hacking stuff, so I kind of forgot all the terms. I have droidmod and want to go to 2.2. I am going to use this tutorial to get to 2.2.
    YouTube - How To Install Android Froyo 2.2 On Motorola Droid

Looks pretty straight forward. however, how do I run a nandroid backup. And then if something does go wrong how to I recover my old rom with the nandroid backup?

I have Sprecovery by the way.

And because I have Droidmod will that make the install of 2.2 any different for me?

thank you
    To run a nandroid back up you would start your phone in recovery (holding the X key on the keyboard down then proessing the power button.)

then you would just go through the menu using the volume up and down keys and the camera key as "OK". Find backup/restore, select back up and it will back everything up to the nandroid folder that's in your SD card.

I haven't looked at the tutorial you have, I'm very interested in seeing how Droidmod is recommending to do it. I want to see if they recommend the same way I did it. Good luck.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    ok cool. backup went well.

Now I was looking at this link.. Download Froyo (2.2) for Your Motorola Droid ! ! ! - for ROOTED users
    and at the bottom it says this...
    "If using sprecovery you need this.
    Sprecovery Root File ------> www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/update.zip "

Where do I put this file^^ in the nandroid folder or just in the root of the sd card? And then what do I do with this file???
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Now I was looking at this link.. Download Froyo (2.2) for Your Motorola Droid ! ! ! - for ROOTED users

Where do I put this file^^ in the nandroid folder or just in the root of the sd card? And then what do I do with this file???
    for SPReocovery, you would rename the file "update.zip" and place on the root of your SD card. Reboot in recovery, install via SPRecovery method.

Not a nandroid restore.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

for SPReocovery, you would rename the file "update.zip" and place on the root of your SD card. Reboot in recovery, install via SPRecovery method.

Not a nandroid restore.

Ok im getting confused, i downloaded it and it showed up as 3 folders and do I extract them? Do I just combine all 3 folders into one? and then rename it as Update.zip? Sorry.

Also is this file the files that will let me OC?
    Last edited by joemustang; 06-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Not a nandroid restore.

Ok im getting confused, i downloaded it and it showed up as 3 folders and do I extract them? Do I just combine them into one? and then rename it as Update.zip? Now what is the Sprecovery method? Sorry.

Take the downloaded file, drag it to the root of your SD card (do not unzip it) Reboot your phone into recovery, select "install", then choose "allow update.zip installation", and then select install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

Should load the rom from there. Let it finish and it'll let you know when it's complete. Then just go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2

Not a nandroid restore.

Ok im getting confused, i downloaded it and it showed up as 3 folders and do I extract them? Do I just combine them into one? and then rename it as Update.zip? Now what is the Sprecovery method? Sorry.

Take the downloaded file, drag it to the root of your SD card (do not unzip it) Reboot your phone into recovery, select "install", then choose "allow update.zip installation", and then select install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

Should load the rom from there. Let it finish and it'll let you know when it's complete. Then just go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot.
    Ok yeah, sorry I had a brain fart for a minute there. just renamed the file update.zip and then put it on the root of the SD card. Ok and also what file do I load first. The 2.2 file or file we have just been talking about?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    alright this didn't work. When i went to restore Advanced nandroid backup, the folder for Froyo was not there. What did I do??
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    IT WORKED!!!! After a ton of trial and error and trying to remember this rooting **** I got it to work. Thanks for the help everyone!
    Last edited by joemustang; 06-18-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links