DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help please

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Question Help please

New to rooting so please forgive my noobish questions. I have superuser permissions before installing Jrummy's Remix v0.8 onto my rooted 2.1 droid. After installing the rom, I can no longer see my superuser permission's. Is this normal? I also can no longer access apps I have for rooted user's only.

My second problem is before installing the above rom I tried to root the 2.2 froyo using the instructions for clockwork mod. The installation was aborted and it had something to do with apps2sd so I recovered my previous rom.

3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    When flashing a new ROM are you using ClockworkMod or SPRecovery??? Also were you rooted before flashing Jrummy's ROM? It could be that you got a bad download of the ROM. If you had a different ROM before and you have a backup of that ROM, I would suggest booting into recovery and restore that backup. See if you regain root and all the functionality. If not then you may have to re-root again.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I used clockwork mod and yes I was rooted before installing the rom. I will try it again. Any suggestions on the froyo 2.2 problem?
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    I am not sure what caused your problems with 2.2 As you can see I am running Jrummy's Kangerade Froyo and have had no problems. If you are wanting to get to a stable 2.2 Froyo I would suggest trying Jrummy's. But I would download it via ROM Manager and WiFi. But as a precaution first clear your download cache in ROM Manager. To do that open RM go to menu then hit clear download cache. Then make sure you have WiFi and then go into download ROM and go to Jrummy then choose your ROM and follow the prompts.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Recovered my previous rom and installed Jrummy's Froyo Kangerade v1.0
    P3 1.2 Ghz Kernel Pink Lemonade Flavored and it installed but my screen only has Verizon Wireless, the time and notifications on it. otherwise black screen so I am going to recover it again. I did backup my rom but I didnt wipe the cache. If I am correct I dont have to wipe it if I have a ROM already installed(correct me if I am wrong) One thing I did notice is that I get a message saying "sd-ext.img not detected.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Ran the ROM again, wiped data and cache and it installed perfectly and i still have my superuser access!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help! Loving the pink life theme! My last question is this, do I need to do any overclocking with the setcpu or is it automatically detected with the ROM I chose?

Links