DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Question about after unrooting

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Question about after unrooting

I originally had a 2.1 + 1 phone and rooted it. I unrooted my phone back to 2.0.1. and I'm now waiting for the update. The couple questions I have is.

1. How long does it take for me to get this update?

2. will it be 2.1 or 2.1 +1

3. Will SPRecovery be gone on my phone now? If not how do i remove.

4. Before any kind of rooting was performed. If I did a date/cache wipe and then rebooted. It would automatically go back to the factory state which was 2.1 +1. After I get this update will it go back to 2.1 + 1 or 2.0.1.

Thank you
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboixshawn View Post
    I originally had a 2.1 + 1 phone and rooted it. I unrooted my phone back to 2.0.1. and I'm now waiting for the update. The couple questions I have is.

1. How long does it take for me to get this update?

2. will it be 2.1 or 2.1 +1

4. Before any kind of rooting was performed. If I did a date/cache wipe and then rebooted. It would automatically go back to the factory state which was 2.1 +1. After I get this update will it go back to 2.1 + 1 or 2.0.1.

Thank you
    Umm.. I think you can force the update, not sure where exactly on this forum it'd be now, but...it IS here
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think if you go into settings and then about phone there is an option somewhere to check for system updates. I would imagine that would start the update process to the latest release that Verizon has rolled out to all phones.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I have tried check system update but does nothing and says that its currently up todate. Ive read somewhere that battery has to be full so charged it over night and nothing
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboixshawn View Post

1. How long does it take for me to get this update? Once you have completed the un-rooting process and your phone reboots you should get the OTA update rather quickly. What process did you follow to unroot?

2. will it be 2.1 or 2.1 +1 You should get the 2.1 update 1.

Once you are back at 2.0.1 you will not be able to boot into recovery or access any of the rooted items. All your rooted files (backups etc) are on your sd card so if you change phones or decide to root again you can use the backups to restore roms or themes once you have re-rooted.

No, simply doing a data/cache wipe will not put you back to 2.0.1. You will have to flash that file through RSD Lite. Here is a good link for you to follow in order to unroot back to stock. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ot-unroot.html

Thank you

Hope this helps.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

1. How long does it take for me to get this update? Once you have completed the un-rooting process and your phone reboots you should get the OTA update rather quickly. What process did you follow to unroot?

I used the RSD Lite process, should i do the update.zip version. I left the phone on all night charging and when I woke up it still wasn't available. Does it pop up like you got a message or something on the top left corner? I read somewhere that if you're missing some file you don't get updates.

2. will it be 2.1 or 2.1 +1 You should get the 2.1 update 1.

Awesome. This is my wife's phone and she wants to just return it so I want it how it came out of the box incase they check about phone.

Once you are back at 2.0.1 you will not be able to boot into recovery or access any of the rooted items. All your rooted files (backups etc) are on your sd card so if you change phones or decide to root again you can use the backups to restore roms or themes once you have re-rooted.

No, simply doing a data/cache wipe will not put you back to 2.0.1. You will have to flash that file through RSD Lite. Here is a good link for you to follow in order to unroot back to stock. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ot-unroot.html

Links