So I remember seeing in those FroYo release threads that a bunch of people were not fans of the new 2.2 Car Home.
I've tried Car Home replacements on the market, and I've determined that even if it's simpler, I like the 2.0/2.1 version.
I'm rooted (and running 2.2, hopefully that's obvious). Is there a way to remove the Car Home 2.2 I have on the phone, and then add Car Home 2.1?
EDIT: It works! Here's what I put in my most recent post in this topic.
It's been a while but with brochaos's help, I figured out how to make this work.
You need to use an odexed ROM. All relevant files are in the /system/app/ folder.
- You will have four relevant files:
- Leave the 'CarHomeLauncher' files alone. Rename each of the CarHomeGoogle files so that .BAK is tacked onto the end of their name (or you could delete them, but it's good to save original files).
- Get a DEodexed version of CarDock.apk from android 2.1, like this one: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/45613-release-stock-2-1-ese81-ese81-deodexed-backups.html
- Extract CarDock.apk, rename it to CarHomeGoogle.apk, and place it in the /system/app/ folder.
- Change the permissions on the newly placed CarHomeGoogle file to match the permissions of the old one.
- You're done!