DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Cleaning up before installing froyo

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Cleaning up before installing froyo

Motorola Droid running 2.2

used Official Froyo 2.2 Support and Q&A thread for references.

Well my problem is that im going from adamz smoked glass 6.0, with chevys low voltage, and all the good stuff for 2.1 rooted to froyo.

however I notice my 2.2 is very slow, even when overclocked, and if its clocked too high 800+ it heats up very quickly. I had no problems with 1.0ghz on 2.1. I would think its the 2.1 and 2.2 update arent getting along.

So what im asking is how can i improve my performance?
    i have tried,
    wipe data/factory reset/cache partitions
    I backed up to when I had just rooted before restoring 2.2

any other suggestions?
    Motorola Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I went from Cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 to the original leaked Froyo roms without wiping anything. I've been running 2.2 for almost 2 weeks without an issue. My Droid runs faster and smoother than it ever has.

Possibly it's one of the apps that you're using that's causing the problem???
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    The problem is that Froyo is a leaked version. It's not an official product yet. Depending on how many apps you have running can effect performance. I downloaded Titanium backup..with this app you can uninstall all the preinstalled apps. I took off the original messaging....mp3 store crap....stuff that I would never use.

Froyo is going to be slow...once newer versions come out...they will get faster.

Network Administrator by day/ Xbox Freak by night
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0bek View Post

Well my problem is that im going from adamz smoked glass 6.0, with chevys low voltage, and all the good stuff for 2.1 rooted to froyo.

however I notice my 2.2 is very slow, even when overclocked, and if its clocked too high 800+ it heats up very quickly. I had no problems with 1.0ghz on 2.1. I would think its the 2.1 and 2.2 update arent getting along.

i have tried,

any other suggestions?

Try a factory data reset from your privacy section in your settings. See if that doesn't help.

You're mentioning heat at 800 mhz. I'm running at 1 ghz and while that gets hot, if you have SetCPU you can put a failsafe on your battery temperature. That will insure that your Droid doesn't heat. I should mention as well that the Droid can take a pretty high temperature, I've read that it can go up to 80 degrees centigrade. Now you wouldn't want to run it that hot all the time of course but that's what I heard was the maximum it can take for your processor.

I personally have had my battery temp up as high as 118 degrees with no issues. Do I run it that hot all the time? No I have my failsafe set to around 48 centigrade. That's just a tad bit over 118 degrees.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s0bek View Post

i have tried,

any other suggestions?

Try a factory data reset from your privacy section in your settings. See if that doesn't help.

You're mentioning heat at 800 mhz. I'm running at 1 ghz and while that gets hot, if you have SetCPU you can put a failsafe on your battery temperature. That will insure that your Droid doesn't heat. I should mention as well that the Droid can take a pretty high temperature, I've read that it can go up to 80 degrees centigrade. Now you wouldn't want to run it that hot all the time of course but that's what I heard was the maximum it can take for your processor.

I personally have had my battery temp up as high as 118 degrees with no issues. Do I run it that hot all the time? No I have my failsafe set to around 48 centigrade. That's just a tad bit over 118 degrees.
    Just remember the processor can get to 80 C, but the battery is 60 C. Regardless, just do as Hook said and use your failsafe and all should be good Even streaming flash video on a 75 degree day the highest I hit was 48 C.. so I think it would be really tough to even hit the early 50's much less 60 .

Links