DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Is there a video that shows a complete install of froyo from start to finish?

  1. Droid
    bbohannon's Avatar
    Member #
    20919
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Is there a video that shows a complete install of froyo from start to finish?

    I have been watching many videos on installing android 2.2 froyo for the droid but my mind is becoming very scatter brained with different videos telling me to do different things before the fact such as nandroid backups, root access, etc etc. I have a stock droid 2.1 and want to see the big picture from start to finish. Can anyone help me?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #2
    Here are a few links that will guide you. They are text not video.

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...de-thread.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-rom-faqs.html

    Mike
  4. Master Droid
    Kmart95's Avatar
    Member #
    20172
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    342
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Here is how to get sprecovery on 2.1 (will allow you to install froyo)- http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/13...-to-stock-2-1/

    Here is how to flash bugless beast v0.1 Froyo-

    Edit: the 2nd link ^ is using clockwork recovery, to get clockwork install a 2.1 rom (this will give you root access) then download rom manger on the market and open it up and flash clockwork.

    Also the 2nd link isn't showing how to install stock froyo it is a rom based off of froyo so in case you dont want that here is a written guide on how to install stock froyo- http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/08...yo-leak-frf57/
    Last edited by Kmart95; 06-15-2010 at 10:43 AM.
  5. Droid
    bbohannon's Avatar
    Member #
    20919
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    I am sorry for sounding ignorant, but is it even necessary to be rooted? I don't mind rooting my phone as it appears fairly simple, I just don't want to downgrade to 2.0.1 in order to do so. I have done so much reading to better understand this concept and only hit a dent in all of the information out there.
  6. Master Droid
    TekHawk's Avatar
    Member #
    17876
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yuba ****ty, California
    Posts
    783
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bbohannon View Post
    I am sorry for sounding ignorant, but is it even necessary to be rooted? I don't mind rooting my phone as it appears fairly simple, I just don't want to downgrade to 2.0.1 in order to do so. I have done so much reading to better understand this concept and only hit a dent in all of the information out there.
    you do not have to downgrade you just SBF the recovery

    and yes root is basicly needed for this though you only really need the recovery change you do not need to install the SU or SuperUser app so you could go without it but your still basicly rooted once you have the recovery so why not enjoy the other perks
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

    And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  7. Master Droid
    Kmart95's Avatar
    Member #
    20172
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    342
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6

    Re: Is there a video that shows a complete install of froyo from start to finish?

    No you don't have to downgrade to 2.0.1 just follow the first link in my first post. And I guess you don't need to be rooted as long as you have sprecovery on your phone.
    Edit: but once you flash froyo you will have root because all froyo roms are rooted

    Sent from my Droid
  8. Droid
    bbohannon's Avatar
    Member #
    20919
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    I thought, in order to root the updated 2.1 OS, you had to downgrade to 2.0.1? Specifically the sticky that includes the instructions to root 2.1 shows you obtain root access but sacrifice speed by downgrading to 2.0?
  9. Droid
    bbohannon's Avatar
    Member #
    20919
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    Well I did it. And it seems like I seriously messed up somehow. I followed the instructions to a T posted in the first link in reply #2. I now have Froyo, but have a completely factory reset phone. I do not have any of my apps or contacts. Was there some sort of backup I missed or that wasn't posted in the original link?

    Man I really hope I didn't just lose all of my stuff, I have a ton of money spent on apps and important contacts. I was just thinking I would lose my text messages....
  10. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TekHawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bbohannon View Post
    I am sorry for sounding ignorant, but is it even necessary to be rooted? I don't mind rooting my phone as it appears fairly simple, I just don't want to downgrade to 2.0.1 in order to do so. I have done so much reading to better understand this concept and only hit a dent in all of the information out there.
    you do not have to downgrade you just SBF the recovery

    and yes root is basicly needed for this though you only really need the recovery change you do not need to install the SU or SuperUser app so you could go without it but your still basicly rooted once you have the recovery so why not enjoy the other perks
    Actually all that's necessary for Froyo is SPRecovery. When Froyo is installed, it will root your Droid as well. No need to root beforehand.

    Here's how to install SPRecovery without downgrading:

    Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  11. Droid
    bbohannon's Avatar
    Member #
    20919
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TekHawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bbohannon View Post
    I am sorry for sounding ignorant, but is it even necessary to be rooted? I don't mind rooting my phone as it appears fairly simple, I just don't want to downgrade to 2.0.1 in order to do so. I have done so much reading to better understand this concept and only hit a dent in all of the information out there.
    you do not have to downgrade you just SBF the recovery

    and yes root is basicly needed for this though you only really need the recovery change you do not need to install the SU or SuperUser app so you could go without it but your still basicly rooted once you have the recovery so why not enjoy the other perks
    Actually all that's necessary for Froyo is SPRecovery. When Froyo is installed, it will root your Droid as well. No need to root beforehand.

    Here's how to install SPRecovery without downgrading:

    Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    I already got it to work. I flashed SPRecovery and installed the sprf file and now have Froyo. You are right though, I now have superuser permissions app so I must have rooted it somehow.

    However, I really think I messed up all of my phones information! All I have is what's saved on my SD card. How do I get all my apps and contacts back!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to get video TV shows from Mac and EyeTV
    By cnradman in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 06:50 AM
  2. [VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide
    By mejdam in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 08:01 AM
  3. video on how to install froyo
    By pc747 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM
  4. nice video shows how good Droid in capturing video
    By eskanday in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM
  5. Navigation-How to Delete Start/Finish
    By TxDoc in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 04:54 PM

Search tags for this page

downgrade from rooted froyo 2.2 to stock 2.1

,

eyetv froyo

,

what perks does froyo have

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+