DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! I Need to ROOT my droid but i get FAIL in RSD Lite

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Help!! I Need to ROOT my droid but i get FAIL in RSD Lite

help me please, i am running windows xp home edition, i installed the 32-bit(because it was compatible to the system), followed every step but all i get is FAIL, failed flashing process, i google, went to youtube, and i get the same FAIL message, while others recieve success, i dont know if my phone is immu root, but please help, i have been trying for weeks, also i never see rsd lite go to 26% and pause for the phone to rebbot, the rsd lite goes straight to 100% in less than 45 seconds and then tells me it FAIL. I even tried to downgrade, but rsd give me FAIL message, and i tried to do sprecovery_ES81.SBF and rsd lite give the same FAIL message

by the way, my droid(not gsm milestone) runs a non-rooted 2.1

I followed this process: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/05/06...otorola-droid/
    and many other exaples from other websites, and still no solution
    Last edited by baboulou; 06-14-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: because i had miss some key information

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    it should still work even if it says fail...did you check your android version after rebooting your phone?
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I do not recall the exact setting but make sure you have admin permission in rsd.

Sorry I could not be more helpful. Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ot-unroot.html that many have used successfully to root their Droid.

Mike
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    I have had RSD Lite say fail when in fact it worked. Manually reboot and check your "about phone" in settings to see what the build says.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm no expert, but this is my 2 cents. Make sure when you run RSD lite you have the phone in recovery mode (turn off then hold up button on d pad and power button while turning it on) and make sure the black screen looks like the one in that video. Also try a different USB port on your computer. I know back in my iTouch jailbreaking days, sometimes the programs would fail because of the USB port I was plugged in to. If RSD gets to the end, then says wait for phone to reboot and says failed, it doesn't mean it didn't work. Either turn it on or wait for it to finish booting.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    What .sbf file are you trying to flash? Just sprecovery_ES81.SBF ? All that does is install SPRecovery and doesn't affect the phone any other way. You have to boot into recovery to do anything at that point (root or flash a ROM).

So have you tried booting into recovery yet? (hold X when powering on).
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I had this problem and tried everything.. I had Win 7 64bit, and eventually the only way that ended up working for me was to use a 32 bit OS. I know it works for others on Win 7 64 bit but it didnt work for me... Here are a list of things that I tried that didn't end up working:

-Made sure 64 bit drivers were installed, uninstalled/reinstalled numerous times
    -Reinstalled RSD Lite numerous times
    -Turned on USB Debugging
    -Tried putting the SPRecovery file EVERYWHERE... In the root of my c, d, subfolders, no matter where I'd put it the file would fail. If I put it in 'mydocuments', it wouldn't even run, start was greyed out.

If you're on a 64bit OS and those things haven't worked for you, try a 32bit OS. Thats my recommendation

Hope I helped in some capacity

EDIT: By the way, if it failed instantly, it DID NOT flash the phone. You're phone isn't immune to root, you just probably need to try a different pc, as silly as it sounds. If it failed after running some of the script then yes, its possible it did flash and you should check in recovery.
    Last edited by DroiDon; 06-15-2010 at 04:39 AM.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusoeCale View Post
    Also try a different USB port on your computer. I know back in my iTouch jailbreaking days, sometimes the programs would fail because of the USB port I was plugged in to. If RSD gets to the end, then says wait for phone to reboot and says failed, it doesn't mean it didn't work. Either turn it on or wait for it to finish booting.
    Interesting tip. I'd be interested in knowing if that works for anyone, switching usb ports the phone is plugged into.

The fail yet completed is an odd one and happens often. Not sure if it happens consistently to the same people or just randomly. I wouldn't think it would be a usb port issue because then I would expect a real failure to occur...but who knows. It's amazing enough these phones, the size of a deck of cards can do half of what they do!
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I knew I'd forget a few things, but in my case I did try all my usb ports and it didn't make a difference for me. Trying a different computer was probably the number one advice given to me in the thread I started, and I exhausted all my resources because I refused to think trying a different computer was the answer. It may just save some headaches to try it, it would have saved me some.
  11. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DroiDon View Post
    I knew I'd forget a few things, but in my case I did try all my usb ports and it didn't make a difference for me. Trying a different computer was probably the number one advice given to me in the thread I started, and I exhausted all my resources because I refused to think trying a different computer was the answer. It may just save some headaches to try it, it would have saved me some.
    That one works often. I'm guilty of this myself, sometimes we try and fix things so hard a certain way we forget about other options and hours (days?) go by. Look at a fly and how it will slam against the window all day long until it dies, while the door is just right over there
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links