DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 want to go back to 2.1.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

2.2 want to go back to 2.1.

Missing a ton of apps since I upgraded to 2.2 and would like to go back and wait for the the official release. I made back up on my sd card but dont know how to get back to 2.1 and all my apps. Or did I lose them all for good?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezive View Post
    Missing a ton of apps since I upgraded to 2.2 and would like to go back and wait for the the official release. I made back up on my sd card but dont know how to get back to 2.1 and all my apps. Or did I lose them all for good?
    Restore your backup and everything will be how it was when you made the backup.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Power off. Power on while holding down the x key. This boots you into recovery.

Select nandroid, restore. Choose your backup, then restore it.

FYI, there is a "market fix" out there so that apps show up in the market following froyo install.

I don't blame you for going back to 2.1 though. Froyo doesn't play nice in my Droid.
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-11-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    a little obsessive...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt and Xoom
    [QUOTE=Imprezive;543066]Missing a ton of apps since I upgraded to 2.2 and would like to go back and wait for the the official release. I made back up on my sd card but dont know how to get back to 2.1 and all my apps. Or did I lose them all for good?[/QUOTE

Without question, Froyo seems to have a larger footprint in app memory than did 2.1. One consideration is the App2SD capability of Froyo. I used Titanium Backup to force move most of my third party apps to my SD card which increased my free app memory (internal) by 65 mb (55 - 110). There are more that I can move if I want, but with this capability, I just don't see memory being an issue. I left apps in internal memory that were either system type apps or a third party where I was using a widget along with it. I will probably start to experiment with more of these just to see what plays nice and what doesn't. Might want to consider this before downgrading. Also, the updated Froyo seems much better for me then did the first.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezive View Post
    There are a few guides out there. As others have said, use SPRecovery to get back your 2.1 and you'll have what you had before.

For everyone...always make a recovery file before embarking on major changes...whether it be a new theme, rom, etc.

You backed them up on your card with what app? If they are on your card you can get them back, but the recovery file will have everything as it was before too.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    can u get to 2.0.1 then update to 2.1 and get back to it that way? and if so how do you do it?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    also has anyone else out there not been able to sync their gmail acct since changing to 2.2? when i activate it lets me sign into my gmail acct but will not sync up to my phone so all my contacts are gone
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phileezy View Post
    can u get to 2.0.1 then update to 2.1 and get back to it that way? and if so how do you do it?
    You can, there are guides to tell you how to do it. Search around in the hacking area. I can't tell you off the top of my head.

One of the easiest ways to do it is when you remove your ROM and you're just rooted go to DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. and download dmupdater. It will actually remove your root and bring you back to 2.0.1.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    i dont even think i am rooted. when i went to overclock it said no root access detected. the gmail account not syncing is the main reason i am wanting to go back to stock 2.1. any thoughts on how to fix it without reverting back to 2.1. and also how could i be on 2.2 but not be rooted. thought i knew what i was doing but am so confused now...
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

i wanna go back to my backup

when i press x and power it just goes to a screen with a triangle and a phone no menu or anything i made a back up i just want to go back to that any help would be great
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links