DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Newest Droid Batch Changes

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2

Newest Droid Batch Changes

Okay so just went with two friends to get them some Droid and root them ect thing I learned about the newest batch of Droids doing this

1. The new SD Cards do not mount in recovery this may or may not be fixed through formating the card on the PC I did not want to d*** with it long enough to try and just used my SD card to flash the files

2. Remember those lame little wires that are easy to jack up in your charge port yea they have a new charge port with a plastic stationary in it to prevent that from happening
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    See.....first the keyboard revision that got nixed, now this. Are they testing revisions for the Droid2, Droid Pro. Shadow/Xtreme? Using the current Droid as a test for future phones...lol

And 1. is gonna be a HUGE issue more ppl need to be aware of. That may be why some ppl have issues trying to use SP recovery and Clockwork.

Thanks for this info. May prove to be very valuable.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TekHawk View Post
    Okay so just went with two friends to get them some Droid and root them ect thing I learned about the newest batch of Droids doing this

1. The new SD Cards do not mount in recovery this may or may not be fixed through formating the card on the PC I did not want to d*** with it long enough to try and just used my SD card to flash the files
    Interestingly...I just installed SPRecovery and rooted a Droid that was purchased this weekend and found out that the SD card wasn't recognized.

I tried reflashing SPRecovery and reformatting the card from the phone but it wouldn't work. So I ended up installing Clockwork Recovery through Rom Manager instead and that worked fine. Just my experience. It was the first time I ever had an issue with SPRecovery.

Links