DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDANet Tethering

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

PDANet Tethering

Okay, so I have recently bought my Motorola Droid and I decided to check out this tethering stuff. I downloaded PDANet and I was a go on my laptop. I just started reading about fees that Verizon might charge me? I've only used around 100mb of data from PDANet (A few days of just some browsing) not much. Will I get charged? I uninstalled PDANet and such. I also do have the Unlimited Data Plan (since it is supposedly needed by the phone to work and all).
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    no i have been using it since jan with no problems. u have a unlimited data plan so u are covered. i use bout 4-5 gigs a month surfing web
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's such a relief. I didn't want to have to pay around 180 dollars to cover this months expenses (Due to activation, Plan, and a partial phone charge).
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    if they find out you are tethering they can bill you for all data used and a early contract termination fee if they want to be really d***s but i do not know anyone that has been busted if being smart about it
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TekHawk View Post
    if they find out you are tethering they can bill you for all data used and a early contract termination fee if they want to be really d***s but i do not know anyone that has been busted if being smart about it
    May I ask what makes it easy to be caught tethering? It's my first month with the phone and I don't want to be charged for 100mb of data use. It seems that it would be a lot of money. And on top of that, having my phone canceled will suck too. I uninstalled it cause I got rather scared about it.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    May I ask what makes it easy to be caught tethering? It's my first month with the phone and I don't want to be charged for 100mb of data use. It seems that it would be a lot of money. And on top of that, having my phone canceled will suck too. I uninstalled it cause I got rather scared about it.
    Large amounts of data, I mean extremely large.

If you uses 10 gig's in awwek, they will most liekly be able to put together that it didn't all happen on your tiny phone.

I would serach though, there are numerous threads on the subject. Many saying why you'll be fine, many saying how you will get caught.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post

If you uses 10 gig's in awwek, they will most liekly be able to put together that it didn't all happen on your tiny phone.

I would serach though, there are numerous threads on the subject. Many saying why you'll be fine, many saying how you will get caught.
    Well considering I have only used 100mb, I'll stop now since I do have internet at home, plus I don't want to be some sort of data hog anyways. Thanks for the help, as far as I have seen on other threads, I guess 100mb's would most likely be under the radar, hopefully. Thanks so much.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post

Well considering I have only used 100mb, I'll stop now since I do have internet at home, plus I don't want to be some sort of data hog anyways. Thanks for the help, as far as I have seen on other threads, I guess 100mb's would most likely be under the radar, hopefully. Thanks so much.
    your well under radar as im mid move and have not had time to set up internet at home im using maybe 50mb-100mb a night after work just browsing forums and what not
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I checked my online account this morning to see this:
    Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used
    Usage Type My Usage Kilobytes 0.00KB

I'm guessing I got caught? Or is that always there?

Edit: I guess its always there, I just checked my mothers account and she has never tethered or anything.
    Last edited by Sounds; 06-02-2010 at 07:27 AM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I checked my online account this morning to see this:
    Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used
    Usage Type My Usage Kilobytes 0.00KB

I'm guessing I got caught? Or is that always there?

Edit: I guess its always there, I just checked my mothers account and she has never tethered or anything.
    are you on the 50$ or 30$ internet plan on your phone because that looks like the term they used for the 50$ one I thought they changed it on the 30$ one but then again i have not look at the bill in years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links