DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm stuck on the Moto screen after attempted overclock...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

I'm stuck on the Moto screen after attempted overclock...

Alright, I rooted my Moto Droid, and was running a Cyanogen ROM. I had moved a flash image to my bin folder and was attempting to flash it with the 1ghz file with ADB. I am using ClockworksMod recovery. When I rebooted, I'm stuck on the big M. I'm worried, any help would be huge.

What makes this different from other threads:

- I've done an extended battery pull.
    - I've cleared all data and cache and attempted to restore, however I had no backup.
    - I can't reboot from update.zip
    Last edited by Hexeir; 05-25-2010 at 12:56 AM.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Flash a different kernel...try 800 mhz,
    I was going to apparently edit the 1ghz to 800? 800 was what I was aiming for in the first place. The directions told me to flash that one first. I'm not very knowledgeable on the topic, I just have a good understanding of computers and that is the only reason I even took this on. I'll try and find the 800mhz one. At this point, I'm quite honestly not sure of what I'm doing.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    When you find the download for the 800 mhz kernel, download it, then install it through recovery. The kernel should be found in the Droid section of forum.cyanogenmod.com
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    When you find the download for the 800 mhz kernel, download it, then install it through recovery. The kernel should be found in the Droid section of forum.cyanogenmod.com
    I'm having a hard time finding the Kernel source. If anyone could help me find that, I'd be thankful.

Also, when I do acquire it, how exactly can you install it from recovery? Would I do it through the install zip function? I'm clueless here.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Bekit Kernel Discussion (0.8) - CyanogenMod Forum This thread was in the Motorola Droid section. Download links are at the bottom. Once you download it, name it to update.zip, place it on your SD card, boot into recovery, select install Update.zip.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Bekit Kernel Discussion (0.8) - CyanogenMod Forum This thread was in the Motorola Droid section. Download links are at the bottom. Once you download it, name it to update.zip, place it on your SD card, boot into recovery, select install Update.zip.
    You're my hero. Thank you so much. It worked perfectly. Would you mind briefly explaining what exactly I just did? What exactly happens when you install update.zip? Is a kernel the only thing that you can install that way? Because it seems like I've seen that technique a few times.

Seriously, you saved my life. Thanks a million. Glad to be a new member of this forum.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    No problem, glad to help =). Basically, that update.zip that you installed was a differently programmed/written kernel. Think of it kinda like installing a new program from a CD that you put in your computer..sorta. You can install other things through the update.zip way, such as ROMs and themes.

By the way, 5.0.7 of CM was just released. Download the free version of ROM manager from the market, and you will be able to download/install it from there, all from your phone (it will do everything for you). Make sure to not apply any themes to 5.0.7 unless they state that it has been ported/works with 5.0.7.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    By the way, 5.0.7 of CM was just released. Download the free version of ROM manager from the market, and you will be able to download/install it from there, all from your phone (it will do everything for you). Make sure to not apply any themes to 5.0.7 unless they state that it has been ported/works with 5.0.7.
    I'll get on that, also! Thanks for the update. Now that my phone has rebooted, I still have the SUNinja, but I haven't given permission. And it's not asking. So my SetCPU isn't working.

Also, What theme do you use for CM?
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Hm, that's odd...after you update to 5.0.7 and install a new kernel made to work with it (on the Rom manager home screen, menu soft key, enable advanced/developer mode, not sure what it's called, if you don't enable that, you can't dl new kernels) So:

Download 5.0.7, check off Google Apps, when it's done and when it prompts you, click on backup rom, and wipe data/cache (normally not needed but will ensure a clean install)

Once you boot up 5.0.7, download a kernel through ROM manager (I recommend Bekit kernels) Check off backup, no need to wipe.

As for my theme, well I'm running BB right now because I had t o just put on a very easy to install and stable rom for an important day, and have been to lazy to put CM back on. But, I normally use drotheme, found in the swdroid.com forums. However, I doubt it's been ported to 5.0.7 yet..don't use it if it hasn't. I modded my framework so that I have the Sense UI Battery Icon and 3g icons (those were a pain to remove the discolored borders from), and a droid guy peeping out from the bottom right corner in my notification pulldown.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links