DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with rom/rom manager!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Need help with rom/rom manager!!

So here is A quick rundown of my story. I did my first root through droidmod. This allowed me to run set cpu at 1.0ghz and 2.1 apps. I ran that for almost a month then heard about rom manager and loaded up bugless beast at 1.0ghz with baseband update and called *228. I ahd bugless for about three days. During this time I had nothing but problems every app would crash the phone and then the phoen would ahve to reboot about 5-10 times to turn itself back on again. I then decided to try out cyanogen mod and now my phone works flawlessly haven't had a crash yet in two days, so I decided to erase cache and reload bugless. Loaded it up phone couldn't make a full intial boot after several attempts, so I recovered back to my previous settings and phone works great again. I'm stumped right now and cyanogen is nice but seems slow compared to the other 1.0ghz overclocks. Now i'm not sure what to try next????
  2. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craracer05 View Post
    So here is A quick rundown of my story. I did my first root through droidmod. This allowed me to run set cpu at 1.0ghz and 2.1 apps. I ran that for almost a month then heard about rom manager and loaded up bugless beast at 1.0ghz with baseband update and called *228. I ahd bugless for about three days. During this time I had nothing but problems every app would crash the phone and then the phoen would ahve to reboot about 5-10 times to turn itself back on again. I then decided to try out cyanogen mod and now my phone works flawlessly haven't had a crash yet in two days, so I decided to erase cache and reload bugless. Loaded it up phone couldn't make a full intial boot after several attempts, so I recovered back to my previous settings and phone works great again. I'm stumped right now and cyanogen is nice but seems slow compared to the other 1.0ghz overclocks. Now i'm not sure what to try next????
    When you used Rom Manager to install Bugless Beast did you select one of the compatible kernels offered? ... and did you wipe..lol
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    you dont just wipe cache you have to wipe data and cache especially coming from droidmod thats a 2.01 rom made to looklike 2.1 so wipe data and cache and then install through rom manager

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I tryed it once with wiping and once without and I just clicked bugless beast v1.0 I didn't see any kernel options is that what i'm missing or are you referring to when you pick which processor speed you want?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    yes that is a kernel when you pick what speed you want when you are all done with all your options just hit wipe data and cache and let it install if it is done right you will have to sign into google account when it boots up
    I tryed it once with wiping and once without and I just clicked bugless beast v1.0 I didn't see any kernel options is that what i'm missing or are you referring to when you pick which processor speed you want?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Ok just went into rom manager clicked bugless v1.0 then 1.0 ghz kernel then I will hit and clear all data and cache and I should be good correct?
  7. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I think you'll enjoy BB v1.0 once it's installed right... in my experience it has truly been 'Bugless'...
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    yeah you really should learn how to install roms without rom manager that way you can really wipe everything but that should work for now
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Thanks for your quick responses I'll update on the progress here in a minute we'll see if it boots up thats where it usuallly crashes when either the motot sign appears or the red droid eye.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Do you have a link on how to load roms without rom manger, and so far so good this time just logged into my gmail account.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links