Hey guys, I've been reading through the forums for the last few days trying to gather as much information as possible regarding rooting my Droid. I've gone ahead and decided to make the jump! Anyway, I've been following this tutorial:
How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid
When trying to install SPRecovery, I keep getting an immediate "Failure" notice, with the error message, "Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected"
A little background information:
- I am running Windows 7 64bit, and all recommended and optional system updates have been applied
- I am running Android 2.1
- I am running the correct version of RSD Lite (4.6)
- I am using the correct SPRecovery file (ESE81)
- I am running RSD Lite as an Administrator
- I located ESE81 directly in the root drive (C:\SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf)
- I have already downloaded and installed USB drivers via Motorola's website
- My droid is recognized just fine, and Windows is able to successfully detect the device and install drivers on its own.
- RSD Lite is able to recognize my device and draw information from it
- I have both reinstalled drivers and restarted my computer multiple times
- I have found command-line suggestions using cmd.exe and powershell, but haven't been able to get them to work.
- I have also attempted this on my Windows XP SP3 machine, but have so far been unable to install the Motorola drivers (the install package is designed to look for C:\ to be my root drive, when my true root drive is actually I:\ [no idea how this happened, it's just been like that since the last reformat]).
Does anyone have any ideas? :/