Ok, here is what I understand (using lookout.apk as an example):
01) Right click on com.lookout.apk and open with 7zip
02) Navigate to res/drawable-hdpi
03) Right click the .png files and select 'edit' (the edit option points them to Paint.net)
04) Edit the .png files and save (not sure if this matters, but when I close Paint.net I get a msg saying that the *.png has been changed, would you like to update the archive...if I click yes, it puts an 'a' in the attributes column...if I click cancel it does not save the changes I made)
05) Close the archive and open autosign.bat (stericsons auto-sign)
06) Choose 'manually sign'
07) type in c;\AndroidSDK\tools\com.lookout.apk and I get the following:Code:************** Signing File! ************** Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: testsign Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: testsign at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) Could not find the main class: testsign. Program will exit. File signed successfully if no Errors above.
Even though there were errors, I tried to push to phone.
From there, the apk will not install...I get the "Application not Installed" notice.
As I am very new to this, I am sure I am doing several things wrong...so I come to you for some help
ps. I also tried just replacing the .apk in /data/app/ and restarting phone, but it didn't like that either...go figure
I also am not sure how to edit .9.png files, is there a different way to edit those?
Any help would be appreciated!