DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think RSDLite hates me... :'(

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Any ideas or am I on my own
  2. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Your screenshot basically shows that the SPRecovery.sbf file is possibly corrupted...
    See my screenshot below... try downloading this link and see if that file shows in RSDLite...SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf
    And BTW... are you running RSDLite as Administrator?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I think RSDLite hates me... :'(-sprecovery.png  
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thank you. I will try that as soon as I am home tonight. I believe I am running it as an admin, there is only one profile on the comp (who is obviously the administrator) so unless there is some sort of special action I need to take to run it as admin that I don't know about, I am running it on the administrators profile.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    My computer used to do that with RSD Lite. What I had to do to fix it was put the SPRecovery file in the root of C: and then I had to run RSD as the admin and then it allowed me to start the flashing process.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Ok, that got the start button working (i put it in the root of the C: AND used the file provided above). Now it says "Failed Flashing Process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. (0x7029); phone connected". what now?

PS: I see on google a lot of people get this error using older versions of RSDLite, but i am running 4.6

Included latest screen cap for your viewing pleasure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I think RSDLite hates me... :'(-capture2.png  
    Last edited by JRDroid; 05-16-2010 at 11:54 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    From everything I'm reading, RSD Lite 4.6 does not play very well on a 64 bit OS. And in reality it plays best on Win XP 32 bit. Not the answer you wanted, and there may still be hope for you to keep trying, but if you have access to a WinXP 32 bit machine, I think you will get a more harmonious outcome.

good luck
  7. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    From everything I'm reading, RSD Lite 4.6 does not play very well on a 64 bit OS. And in reality it plays best on Win XP 32 bit. Not the answer you wanted, and there may still be hope for you to keep trying, but if you have access to a WinXP 32 bit machine, I think you will get a more harmonious outcome.

good luck
    My screenshot was from my Win7 64bit system...with the correct driver RSDLite does work fine on 64bit.
    I really see no reason why it isn't working for him... since now you are getting an INI file error, uninstall/delete everything, do a search & purge of any leftover traces of RSDLite, then reinstall RSDlite 4.6....try that....also when you go to launch RSDLite, right click and run as admin, if given the option.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    No access to an xp 32 bit machine, i do have a vista 32 bit machine, but all its usb ports are broken. Guess its time to get that computer fixed.

I will try the other thing above as well
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    The last two times I saw an error similar to that, it was b/c the person was using a USB port on their computer that was not USB 2.0. Try switching to another USB port and see what happens. You would think all new machines would only have USB 2.0, but evidently not.

Also, to run RSD as admin, you have to hold down shift and right click, then select "run as administrator". I believe that's the case whether you're the only profile on Win7 or not.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by jntowers View Post
    The last two times I saw an error similar to that, it was b/c the person was using a USB port on their computer that was not USB 2.0. Try switching to another USB port and see what happens. You would think all new machines would only have USB 2.0, but evidently not.

Also, to run RSD as admin, you have to hold down shift and right click, then select "run as administrator". I believe that's the case whether you're the only profile on Win7 or not.
    Hmm, that might be my problem. I've plugged an Xbox controller in to charge it from my computer and it said something about it not being 2.0... which I thought was insane since this computer isn't that old. But anyways, is there anyway of checking if the USB ports are 2.0 or not?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links