DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HD video?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

HD video?

I remember reading about a hack that allowed the droid to record video in HD, but I can't find the thread. Is this true?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    65 views and not one reply.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It isn't a hack to record in HD. The 'hack' is to allow recording at a higher bitrate. The resolution remains the same; however, higher bitrate video is generally higher quality.

Unfortunately, the only how-to I can find reference to is from Alldroid, which isn't accessible right now. I know that you are supposed to pull the build.prop file from your phone and edit the place where the video recording bitrate is set. Then, push the build.prop back to your phone.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 05-15-2010 at 04:24 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I don't know your level of computer/video savvy so I'll make this a little remedial. If it's below your level then I'm sorry and you can just take the high points that I'll lay out for you.

HD video really depends on the source (i.e. blu-ray disc). With that being said here is what works for me:
    1. Using Slysoft AnyDVD HD rip a movie to your PC from a BR disc. Make a note of the output location.
    2. Using Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate (Ojosoft Total Video Converter can work but I prefer Xilisoft), drag/drop the file from AnyDVD, or even a digital copy that you have obtained from wherever. I won't ask where you got it and as long as it's a standard video format (anything from .mkv to .avi, to H264 or whatever). Convert the file to an Android format. This'll be a .mp4 IIRC. In the profile selection be sure to select the Android selection (by the way, iPod will work too). Once again make note of the location that the output file will be located.
    3. Mount your Droid to your PC via USB cable and transfer the output file that you generated from Xilisoft.
    4. I use Video Player to watch movies...well, to be perfectly honest, I use Video Player for my 3-year old son to watch movies as we're driving around.

That's it in a nutshell. It works all the time, every time for me. Great quality and my son hasn't complained a bit.

I'd be happy to give you any more details if you need them.

This is my phone. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my phone is useless. Without my phone I am useless.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Oh crud, I just read your post again. You want to record, not watch video. Ignore my rambling. I'm experiencing single parent fatigue as my wife left me with two young and rambunctious boys for the weekend while she went to goof off.

This is my phone. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my phone is useless. Without my phone I am useless.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...o-quality.html

Found this thread that increases quality. HQ, but i wouldn't say HD

edit: doh, links to alldroid. I'll see if i can find the file that needs to be edited for this quality increase
    Moto Droid - CM6
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ok the process requires a rooted droid from what I can tell:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post438444
    this post has details about files you need to change
    Moto Droid - CM6
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Google Nexus
    Qik BETA records at 720p, no? At least that was what I remembered back in the day when it was invite only.
  10. budmonster
    so whats the proper code to get HD Video Recording? Most of the links dont work or are outdated. thanks.

Links