DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally Rooted

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidnewbster View Post
    I just rooted today have been pondering it for a while maybe like 2 months and so far so good started with BB v1.0

BBv1.0 is clean and fast. It's a great ROM to start with.

Rom: BB 0.4
    Kernel: chevy's ULV 1.1 Ghz
    Theme: DARK EDGE UI 2.2 beta BLUE
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    You guys can also check out this thread, where people talk and describe their favorite ROMS

your opinion on best rom out right now

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by xxlostsurferx16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioDroid View Post
    I'm also new to this and just recently rooted. I know how to backup my apps with Astro, but after I rooted and set everything up again I realized it never backed up my data, application config settings, etc.. Is there a way to do that, so after installing different roms I can put my data into those roms?
    If your using ROM manager, when you install a new ROM, select backup data before you wipe cache... This way you you can use nandroid restore from the boot recovery screen. When you restore in nandroid it will have all your apps and data already on the phone
    I just installed Rom Manager and basically every option (including Manager/Restore Backups) is grayed out.

But you're saying that I could use this app to backup my data, install a new ROM, and then use nandroid to restore the data and I'd have a new ROM with all of my apps and data intact?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I'm also new to this and just recently rooted. I know how to backup my apps with Astro, but after I rooted and set everything up again I realized it never backed up my data, application config settings, etc.. Is there a way to do that, so after installing different roms I can put my data into those roms?
    If your using ROM manager, when you install a new ROM, select backup data before you wipe cache... This way you you can use nandroid restore from the boot recovery screen. When you restore in nandroid it will have all your apps and data already on the phone
    I just installed Rom Manager and basically every option (including Manager/Restore Backups) is grayed out.

But you're saying that I could use this app to backup my data, install a new ROM, and then use nandroid to restore the data and I'd have a new ROM with all of my apps and data intact?
    It took me some time to figure this out too. The very first tab in RomManager says flash clockworkmod recovery. you have to do that first then everything will be available for you. i hope this helps
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Thach View Post

It took me some time to figure this out too. The very first tab in RomManager says flash clockworkmod recovery. you have to do that first then everything will be available for you. i hope this helps

You also need to buy rom manager premium if you plan on dwnloading new roms and backing up roms. BUt as he said above me you need to flash clockwork

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid

You will if you go BACK to a ROM you have backed up. If you download a new ROM for example, you will have to redownload all your apps you had, but the contacts are synced as long as you have a google account.

If you go BACK to an old ROM that you have backed up, all your contacts and your apps will be intact from the last time you backed it up.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    You guys can also check out this thread, where people talk and describe their favorite ROMS

your opinion on best rom out right now
    Thanks for the link. I will def be checking this out.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Thach View Post

You also need to buy rom manager premium if you plan on dwnloading new roms and backing up roms. BUt as he said above me you need to flash clockwork
    Oh I forgot about buying the premium. Its well worth it though. I really think it make installing new ROMs really user friendly.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Oh I forgot about buying the premium. Its well worth it though. I really think it make installing new ROMs really user friendly.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It definately saves you a lot of time

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Is there a reason that more Devs don't use a process like RM to distribute the ROMs and things that they make?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links