DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally Rooted

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by hoagie52 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thach View Post
    Ok this is probably the dumbest question I have asked so far. But I downloaded a theme from the RomManager. After its downloaded, how do I apply it? Common sense is telling me that I would go through RM like I was installing a Rom since thats where I downloaded it at, but from that point I am not sure anymore lol.
    After you download the theme it should pop up a box telling you to flash.
    Yea it did this time. I have no idea what I was doing earlier.
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Just remember if you are installing a new theme then you only have to backup not wipe cache. The only time I wipe everything is if I am flashing a new ROM.

Also, when I was using Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 I found that Bekits 1.1 Ghz LV was the most stable kernel for me. I used SetCPU to setup profiles to help with OC and battery drain. Just a suggestion.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I have a new question that I hope someone can help me with. I was looking through all the Roms and saw the UD New Era and must say that it looks impressive. I noticed that it was on RomManager too but read ion Blackdroids site that its not supported and I have to use SPRecovery to install it. Should I uninstall RomManager or anything like that before I attempt to install this ROM?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    I have a new question that I hope someone can help me with. I was looking through all the Roms and saw the UD New Era and must say that it looks impressive. I noticed that it was on RomManager too but read ion Blackdroids site that its not supported and I have to use SPRecovery to install it. Should I uninstall RomManager or anything like that before I attempt to install this ROM?
    I downloaded it with ROM manager last night I think. I wasn't really impressed with the design of it so I went back to JRummy. But it did run hella fast. But yes you can DL it of of ROM manager.

Rom: BB 0.4
    Kernel: chevy's ULV 1.1 Ghz
    Theme: DARK EDGE UI 2.2 beta BLUE
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Thanks. I was wondering about it because like I said, according to his site the version of it that is on RM is not supported or something like that. I am just trying to find a Rom that I like the looks of and will just stick with lol. I think it was more of the background and spooling app try that I really like. Can you recommend a Rom that has those sorts of looks?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Thanks. I was wondering about it because like I said, according to his site the version of it that is on RM is not supported or something like that. I am just trying to find a Rom that I like the looks of and will just stick with lol. I think it was more of the background and spooling app try that I really like. Can you recommend a Rom that has those sorts of looks?
    Your best bet is to keep downloading a trying all the ROM's out there, just make sure to backup everytime so incase you don't like the one you just downloaded want to go back, you can go back with ease

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Thach2639
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Yea thats what I have been doing. Little by little, I think I have only tried maybe 3 Roms so far. I just am not a fan of the nexus live wallpaper look anymore I think.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm also new to this and just recently rooted. I know how to backup my apps with Astro, but after I rooted and set everything up again I realized it never backed up my data, application config settings, etc.. Is there a way to do that, so after installing different roms I can put my data into those roms?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioDroid View Post
    I'm also new to this and just recently rooted. I know how to backup my apps with Astro, but after I rooted and set everything up again I realized it never backed up my data, application config settings, etc.. Is there a way to do that, so after installing different roms I can put my data into those roms?
    If your using ROM manager, when you install a new ROM, select backup data before you wipe cache... This way you you can use nandroid restore from the boot recovery screen. When you restore in nandroid it will have all your apps and data already on the phone

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just rooted today have been pondering it for a while maybe like 2 months and so far so good started with BB v1.0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links