DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've finally decided to root : any suggestions?

1. LCH
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    +1 for the rom manager. Download it from market and go to town. Makes things flawless. There is a custom rom thread right here in the Hacks section of this board but reading it wont mean much if you dont understand what they are talking about so get the Rom Manager and download any rom you want right in the manager menu. Be sure when it promps you after downloading the rom to back up your existing rom and data, do it and you can go back anytime you want. I'm running jrummy right now and its the stuff. He has a customizer in the RM that gives you options to pick as you go so its stupid easy. remember BACK UP before you download a rom and you can do a restore to correct any mistakes or things you don't like. i know, alot to learn but thats part of the fun and this board is a great resource, search is your friend and these guys are great.
    Happy Rooting LCH
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo

Re: I've finally decided to root : any suggestions?

Those vids are the best and helped me out too. You can always to to the developers sections in hacks and check out the different roms. The list all the features, themes, and the file you need to download if you want to use sprecovery or clockwork to install

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms
    Honestly I think that install custom roms is totally pointless. Most of the better mods can be applied via terminal emulator.

Btw, I'm on my second droid. After rooting and my first and playing around with it, it became erratic (HIGH battery usage and heat, keyboard repeating letters, haptic feedback becoming uncontrollable)

Right now I have a few mods installed after rooting from stock 2.1

Going fine right now and I highly recommend it as an alternative.

Btw first post. Just registered yesterday after lurking for a while.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    that rsb lite won't run on my computer, so i download that update.zip file to get back to 2.0.1 then wat?
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i started to put that sprecovery thing on my phone but the RSb lite didn't run, so does that mean i can't root til i get i figure out wats wrong
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrock98 View Post
    Guys i talked with a member about a month back about rooting he said he would help me out and show me a kicka$$ ROM, I've been thinking and after putting the swype keyboard on my phone and playing with different home screen apps I love being able to customize my phone and wanna take it further, and since I'm still sorta new at this I'm asking for any suggestions, any advice? I'm hoping to be rooted by this weekend if the guy is still available, I feel like a kid at christmas waiting on santa lol
    I've used a lot of ROMs and so far Bugless Beast 1.0 is my favorite. Cynaogen is also a really good ROM also, but having Bugless Beast running on a overlocked P3Droid 1.3Ghz kernal is just great.

If you don't already you should probably visit Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog daily, the guy posts video tutorials of how to do things all the time. Here are some links to those tutorials:

Droid Life: How to root when you have Android 2.1
    Droid Life: Installing Bugless Beast v1.0
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrock98 View Post
    i started to put that sprecovery thing on my phone but the RSb lite didn't run, so does that mean i can't root til i get i figure out wats wrong
    BB doesn't really add anything, I suggest stock 2.1 root.

Btw easy way to root if you are at 2.0.1

Then watch
    (part 1)
    (part 2)

The guy who makes the videos also puts steps in his descriptions and made a website (rootyourdroid.info)

Here's a very clear and well put together step by step, which I used and recommend. Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I haven't had the guts to give rooting a try. Maybe that'll be my project on my downtime at work tomorrow.
    Its not hard to do at all. I'm a noob myself just make sure you read the directions carefully. I read it several times before I went ahead with it.

Currently running Bugless Beast 1.0 + smoked glass + 1.0 7slot = unique look fast and smooth
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links