DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got some Questions

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I got some Questions

Alright I just flash my sbf file with SPrecovery and have some qquestions before i go any further.My first would be if i get the update when im rooted do i update or just ignore it?Whats the clockwork mod recovery i dont hear about it much?I also want to know that if i like downloaded bugless beast does it overclock for me automatically or what?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer568 View Post
    Alright I just flash my sbf file with SPrecovery and have some qquestions before i go any further.My first would be if i get the update when im rooted do i update or just ignore it?Whats the clockwork mod recovery i dont hear about it much?I also want to know that if i like downloaded bugless beast does it overclock for me automatically or what?
    1) Rooting alone wont block OTA updates, so you'll have to deal with them any number of ways. You can ignore them, you can apply them and hope you can re-root, or you can use SPRecovery and hope it can block them for you.

2) ClockworkMod is another recovery program, used primarily by Koush and the CyanogenMod team, but supported by most Devs now. I suspect it will be the new standard here pretty soon.

3) BB, like all other ROMs, require a custom kernel to overclock. BB handles the overclocking control by itself, so you dont need SetCPU, but you still need a kernel to allow the OC to take place.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer568 View Post
    1) Rooting alone wont block OTA updates, so you'll have to deal with them any number of ways. You can ignore them, you can apply them and hope you can re-root, or you can use SPRecovery and hope it can block them for you.
    Alright well what i meant is u know that update that just came out that every1 was saying that it blocks the flash image.I mean am i ok to go ahead and update my droid with that or no?

2) ClockworkMod is another recovery program, used primarily by Koush and the CyanogenMod team, but supported by most Devs now. I suspect it will be the new standard here pretty soon.

3) BB, like all other ROMs, require a custom kernel to overclock. BB handles the overclocking control by itself, so you dont need SetCPU, but you still need a kernel to allow the OC to take place.
    3.)Alright how do i get a kernel?

1.)Alright well what i meant is u know that update that just came out that every1 was saying that it blocks the flash image.I mean am i ok to go ahead and update my droid with that or no?

And if im not rooted yet i just flashed the sbf file can i still go straight to bugless beast?
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Easiest thing for you would be to root, and use the premium version of ROM Manager to get BB. It will prompt you and let you chose the kernel you want.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Easiest thing for you would be to root, and use the premium version of ROM Manager to get BB. It will prompt you and let you chose the kernel you want.
    alright and that will be my custom kernel right?
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    That'll be it.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Alright thanks and can u answer the question i had on the update that just came out?
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Since you're rooting, it shouldnt matter. I'd just ignore it, since you're going to be rooting and flashing to a different ROM anyway. Worst case scenario is you use the 2.0.1 SBF and flash back to that, root, and then do the ROM Manager thing.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Alright i just flashed my hpone and did it sucessfully. I downloaded rom manage and it says i need to flash clockworkmod recoveryto be able to flash roms.Doesent that mean i will be changing my recovery mode to clockworkmod?Arent i able to install a custom rom manually instead of using rom manager?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Yes it will replace sp recovery with clockwork. Don't worry it will not affect anything in a bad way. ROM manager just makes it a lot easier to switch roms. You basically just choose what options you want and sit back and let it do do its magic. I prefer clockwork over sp recovery anyways.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links