DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: IInstalled 2.1 rom, then back to stock, then to real update, problems

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    can someone help me =( im having similar issues.

RSDlite keeps saying FAILED during a re-enumeration process, and the phone never reboots (unless im not leaving it there long enough?) But the computer seems to disconnect from the phone during this "FAIL" part.

When i restart and go into recovery its not the SBF recovery its still the same normal recovery I can't do anything with =(

I have windows XP, and idk which bit driver to use 32/64 so i think i tried both and always ended up with the same result. Even the rescue squad chatroom had no idea how to help.

I use to be on AdamZ 6.01 rom 2.1ESE53 but then i reflashed back to 2.0.1 then OTA to 2.1 (i got really bored and depressed by AdamZ neglect on the forums) Can someone PLZZZ help me out, I HATE this stock CRAP i shoulda never unrooted, but i wanted to see if iwas missing anything... now i know what im missing...my rooted OC >_<
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    This might sound a bit weird, but have you tried a different USB port on your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by phatkat66 View Post
    can someone help me =( im having similar issues.

RSDlite keeps saying FAILED during a re-enumeration process, and the phone never reboots (unless im not leaving it there long enough?) But the computer seems to disconnect from the phone during this "FAIL" part.

When i restart and go into recovery its not the SBF recovery its still the same normal recovery I can't do anything with =(

I have windows XP, and idk which bit driver to use 32/64 so i think i tried both and always ended up with the same result. Even the rescue squad chatroom had no idea how to help.

I use to be on AdamZ 6.01 rom 2.1ESE53 but then i reflashed back to 2.0.1 then OTA to 2.1 (i got really bored and depressed by AdamZ neglect on the forums) Can someone PLZZZ help me out, I HATE this stock CRAP i shoulda never unrooted, but i wanted to see if iwas missing anything... now i know what im missing...my rooted OC >_<
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    To see what bit you have, go to Computer, and click on System Properties at the top.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Quote Originally Posted by jntowers View Post
    This might sound a bit weird, but have you tried a different USB port on your computer?

[
    [/QUOTE]

Not weird at all, in the past i've had issues with the front usb ports and i was hoping this would be the issue in this case so ive been using the ports in the back and unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. For some reason my phone freezes right after the execution hits 100% and because its frozen its "disconnected" from the computer and the Re-enumeration always fails. I also have 32bit drivers (i checked the system last night) Im going to try tonight on a laptop running windows7 hopefully this will help cuz right now my phone is becoming more and more of a paperweight =( I even lost all my apps this morning because i didnt let the market fully recover all my apps and i interupted it by going into the market **cries**
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Hopefully it's Win7 32bit - 64 bit tends to give people headaches with RSDLite. You probably don't need to hear this as you've obviously flashed quite a bit before, but don't forget to run RSD as admin in Win7 - XP doesn't require that (normally).

And I'd use the heck out of Nandroid. I always get my phone to a good starting point - rooted, no ROM, all apps installed and do a full/advanced Nandroid backup. That way, I can always go back to a clean start if need be, especially if I'm flip-flopping trying different ROMs a whole lot in a given week... not that that would ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers View Post

[
    Not weird at all, in the past i've had issues with the front usb ports and i was hoping this would be the issue in this case so ive been using the ports in the back and unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. For some reason my phone freezes right after the execution hits 100% and because its frozen its "disconnected" from the computer and the Re-enumeration always fails. I also have 32bit drivers (i checked the system last night) Im going to try tonight on a laptop running windows7 hopefully this will help cuz right now my phone is becoming more and more of a paperweight =( I even lost all my apps this morning because i didnt let the market fully recover all my apps and i interupted it by going into the market **cries**[/QUOTE]

Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Jus curious though, when i finally get this sbfrecovery on the OTA 2.1 ESE81 will my nandroid backup of AdamZ smoked glass 6.01 2.1ESE53 work? or does the build HAVE to be ESE81?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    That's a good question and the more I think about it the more I realize I don't know.

On the one hand, a Nandroid is essentially an image of the state of your phone, so my first thought was that it would work. But then, I don't know all the nuts and bolts of how the Nandroid relates to the actual build of the phone. I also only have experience with rooting since 2.1/ESE81 - so the only version I've used of SPRecovery is for ESE81. I don't know if it's the same as the SPRecovery used prior to 2.1, and if not, if the Nandroid's are "compatible", so to speak. I don't believe you can restore a SPrecovery Nandroid with Clockwork, and vise versa, so if it's two differing versions of SPRecovery from ESE53 to ESE81, that could create a problem...

Anyway, I clearly don't know, but that's my initial thought process.

edit - someone on here knows for sure, might throw it out as a general question in the hacks section (unless somebody catches it here first), but i'd be curious to know once you find out... though, theoretically you wouldn't want to go back to ese53 after ese81 right?

Jus curious though, when i finally get this sbfrecovery on the OTA 2.1 ESE81 will my nandroid backup of AdamZ smoked glass 6.01 2.1ESE53 work? or does the build HAVE to be ESE81?
    Last edited by jntdroid; 05-26-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Theoretically I wouldn't..... but.... theoretically who would want to UNroot back to 2.1 stock from a 2.1 1.1ghz oc rom .... my dum ass did LOL the neglect from AdamZ made me do it LOL

Few more hours till i get to try flashing the recovery from a windows 7 laptop **crosses fingers** i hope it works. im SO SICK of this stock crap =(
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links