DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: SORRY! I know the answer's here, but I can't find it

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Rooted

SORRY! I know the answer's here, but I can't find it

I've seen it before but now I'm at work and don't have my bookmarks.... How do I know if I really have super user access? Everything else in my system points to yes, I have it, but i wanted to double check with terminal emulator, but i completely forget what symbol im supposed to see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I open TE and just hit enter right and check the character? either a $ or a #. Yeah? Please help, thanks.

(on side note if anyone's using jrummy on cyanogenmod, are the custom scripts already active? it looks like i need to install the goodies zip before using those, but the scripts id like to get right on... thanks!)

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    If you enter su in the terminal emulator and it doesn't say access denied, you have access to super user permissions. The scripts you mentioned require you to download the goodies folder first. There are some instructions on this in JRummy's most recent version thread.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by neccoguy21 View Post
    I've seen it before but now I'm at work and don't have my bookmarks.... How do I know if I really have super user access? Everything else in my system points to yes, I have it, but i wanted to double check with terminal emulator, but i completely forget what symbol im supposed to see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I open TE and just hit enter right and check the character? either a $ or a #. Yeah? Please help, thanks.

(on side note if anyone's using jrummy on cyanogenmod, are the custom scripts already active? it looks like i need to install the goodies zip before using those, but the scripts id like to get right on... thanks!)
    type "su" in terminal and u should get a # symbol

if ur running jrummy after u type su, type, "scripts" and it will list the scripts available

u only need to have the goodies on ur sd card if ur installing something in thr

if ur just tryn to remove launchers, apks, etc u dont need to do anything but type the script u want to use and press enter

p.s. make sure u type "su" then enter before u begin running the scripts
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Rooted
    THANKS GUYS!!! Mega Helpful

Links