DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a dumb titanium backup question....

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROOTED THUNDERBOLT

a dumb titanium backup question....

I have the paid version of Titanium Backup...great app!!!

I am rooted

I did a backup of all of my apps....I wanted to try another ROM on my DROID.

I installed the new ROM and I wanted to restore all of my apps with Titanium......but after I installed the new ROM..I couldn't find the Titanium app.

Do I have to install the new ROM and then just go to the market, reinstall titanium. If that is the way, does the titanium "remember" my backups after I reinstall??

I may be going overboard here and there is a simple step I am missing...so if someone can tell me how to get back all of my apps using Titainium after I install a new rom...I appreciate it!

Thanks!!
    My HOG
    2010 Heritage Softail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evtmeEZ-Ia4

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    yes, download titanium backup then while in titanium backup choose restore apps and sense you have the paid ver. also choose market doctor and it will link your apps back to the market for updates
    Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.--Thomas Edison.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROOTED THUNDERBOLT
    thanks inmate..so I guess I was correct in assuming that it will remember my backup apps after I reinstall it from the market after I install a new rom!!...

what about my settings...do I have to redo those? and also redo my home page shortcuts?

thanks!
    My HOG
    2010 Heritage Softail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evtmeEZ-Ia4
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    yes your right it backs it all up on your sd card. when you do your original backup tell it to backup apps+system data and after you install your new rom restore apps+system data then the market doctor. it will restore your apps and system data(i.e.ringtones ,settings stuff like that)
    I hope that helps off to work now
    Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.--Thomas Edison.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hogowner View Post
    what about my settings...do I have to redo those? and also redo my home page shortcuts?
    Personally, I wouldn't restore any system settings when switching between ROMs. As for home page shortcuts - I use Helix and those all come back with the app data except for widgets. I assume it would be the same for other home replacement apps too.

Also, if you switch between ROMs based on source code and other ROMs, I have read that you should just restore app data, and manually DL the apps themselves from the market. I believe that I had issues from this myself going from SS2.2 to SS3.0.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualhuman View Post
    Also, if you switch between ROMs based on source code and other ROMs, I have read that you should just restore app data, and manually DL the apps themselves from the market. I believe that I had issues from this myself going from SS2.2 to SS3.0.
    maybe that's why i had some issues with UDv10

thanks
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    So, basically what I am gathering from this thread (and a few others), when I decide to switch a ROM, it is best to reinstall all the apps from the market manually. Would that be a good assumption? Is it basically best to treat a ROM switch as if I just bought a new droid?

I mean, I love the opportunities to customize the thing to no end but who wants to re DL 65 apps every time I want to try a new ROM and enter all my mail settings in K9, etc. Unless I am misunderstanding this all as I am a root newb.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    Quote Originally Posted by jawa6969 View Post
    So, basically what I am gathering from this thread (and a few others), when I decide to switch a ROM, it is best to reinstall all the apps from the market manually. Would that be a good assumption? Is it basically best to treat a ROM switch as if I just bought a new droid?

I mean, I love the opportunities to customize the thing to no end but who wants to re DL 65 apps every time I want to try a new ROM and enter all my mail settings in K9, etc. Unless I am misunderstanding this all as I am a root newb.

from what i gather virtualhuman is saying its fine to use titanium backup unless your going from a ese81,53,25 or what ever to a source built one i.e. Udv10,koush,cyan. I've been wrong before
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by inmate369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jawa6969 View Post

from what i gather virtualhuman is saying its fine to use titanium backup unless your going from a ese81,53,25 or what ever to a source built one i.e. Udv10,koush,cyan. I've been wrong before
    I am by no means an expert but that is what I have read and also what matches my personal experience.

As I first saw someone else suggest, I'm keeping two sets of Ti Backups on my computer - one for source builds and one for the rest.

Besides, downloading apps isn't nearly as much of a PITA as redoing home screens
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    As I first saw someone else suggest, I'm keeping two sets of Ti Backups on my computer - one for source builds and one for the rest.

Besides, downloading apps isn't nearly as much of a PITA as redoing home screens [/QUOTE]

thats what i was going to do
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links