DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Phone got really toasty on me

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Phone got really toasty on me

Out of the blue this morning I unplugged my phone from being charged overnight and I noticed the battery dropped to 80% in 1/2 hour and it got very warm. I checked Battery use, and Display and SetCPU used up most. I became concerned, rebooted and now everything seems back to normal.

Any ideas what could have caused that? There was a SetCPU update yesterday I installed right over the old one. Could that be related? Any special steps when updating SetCPU?

Ultimate Droid v10 update w/Bekit's 5x1200LV kernel
    Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 ROM
    Stock Kernel 800MHz with SetCPU / Waiting on bp328i's port of NEXTheme / C_01.43.01P baseband
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
    Out of the blue this morning I unplugged my phone from being charged overnight and I noticed the battery dropped to 80% in 1/2 hour and it got very warm. I checked Battery use, and Display and SetCPU used up most. I became concerned, rebooted and now everything seems back to normal.

Any ideas what could have caused that? There was a SetCPU update yesterday I installed right over the old one. Could that be related? Any special steps when updating SetCPU?

Ultimate Droid v10 update w/Bekit's 5x1200LV kernel

What do you have your profiles set on?? The update is just a normal download update, no special need there...Were you using it a lot? And how warm did it actually get?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Default is set to 1200Mhz max, 250Mhz min, CPU governor on demand, advanced sampling rate 62500, up threshold 70, Powersave bias 150. I have several profiles defined that kick in when charging (800max, 250min), sleep standby (250/250), Power < 70% 1000/250, etc.

After I unplugged it I didn't use it at all. I picked it up to check my email and noticed it was warm. I see a discrepancy between the temperature reported in the SetCPU widget and what it tell me when I launch the app and hit System Info, so I couldn't tell you for sure. It just felt very warm to the touch. I wouldn't burn myself, but it was definitely not normal (or at least I have never seen it get that hot even after 1 hour of RoboDefense @ 1200Mhz). Right now its cool as a cucumber (as it has been since I rooted/OCed) and I used Tapatalk to post the original post.
    Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 ROM
    Stock Kernel 800MHz with SetCPU / Waiting on bp328i's port of NEXTheme / C_01.43.01P baseband

Links