DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: OK.. so major problem..

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

OK.. so major problem..

OK.. so i started a thread previously regarding how i was running 2.0.1 mod rooted, with wifi tether, and overclocke @ 1200. I wanted to get 2.1 rooted with the same other stuff. SOmeone suggested i try

ROM ESE81 Completely Stock With Proper Root, SU, & Baseband

I put in the update.zip. and ran it through clockwork recovery ( i think it is).. i used to have sprecovery which i loved.. Clock one isn't that great. SO it finished installing.. it booted up.. i activated.. and now.. not only is it not rooted... but i cant make phone calls.. i cant use #G.. there is no Network shown for #G.. the browser doesn;t work.. WHats goin on guys.. im having a panic attack...

all i want is sprecovery with nandroid.. 2.1 with root.. so i can tether and overclock back to 1200. And multiple screens.. I suppose heliz will.. do.. anyone out there.. ? im going mad here.. ahh

EDIT

OK phone nd 3g working.. but still lack of root =/
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 05-01-2010 at 06:49 PM.

3. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Don't panic. You're fine.

Plug in the wall charger... this will keep your phone on so you can do the rest.

Follow the instructions for the sticky thread to install the SBF for SPRecovery.

Restore your nandroid backup.

Relax. It's Saturday night. If they haven't called you by now you're free to restore your phone ;-) (j/k... trying to cheer you up).

E
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    OK.. so i started a thread previously regarding how i was running 2.0.1 mod rooted, with wifi tether, and overclocke @ 1200. I wanted to get 2.1 rooted with the same other stuff. SOmeone suggested i try

I put in the update.zip. and ran it through clockwork recovery ( i think it is).. i used to have sprecovery which i loved.. Clock one isn't that great. SO it finished installing.. it booted up.. i activated.. and now.. not only is it not rooted... but i cant make phone calls.. i cant use #G.. there is no Network shown for #G.. the browser doesn;t work.. WHats goin on guys.. im having a panic attack...

all i want is sprecovery with nandroid.. 2.1 with root.. so i can tether and overclock back to 1200. And multiple screens.. I suppose heliz will.. do.. anyone out there.. ? im going mad here.. ahh

EDIT

I would install rom manager free version from the market. Open it and go down to flash alternate recovery....which is sprecovery. Then make sure the ese81 update you downoaded is named update.zip on the root of your sdcard. Reboot the phone into recovery. then go down to the install option. chose allow install of update.zip. then chose install update.zip form sdcard. Not sure on the exact wording in sp but it is close. I have been using clockwork and I personally love it. Hope this will help.
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkev843 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post

EDIT

I would install rom manager free version from the market. Open it and go down to flash alternate recovery....which is sprecovery. Then make sure the ese81 update you downoaded is named update.zip on the root of your sdcard. Reboot the phone into recovery. then go down to the install option. chose allow install of update.zip. then chose install update.zip form sdcard. Not sure on the exact wording in sp but it is close. I have been using clockwork and I personally love it. Hope this will help.
    He can't. He said he's no longer rooted. Ergo NO Rom Manager, NO SP recovery.

E
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    ok.. so i was rooted.. and clocks was up.. i installed update.zip.. now it shows the nexus one boot.. stops right bfore the scond loop begins.. and just starts ree doing that.. doubt its just thee boot sequence thats messed up
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    If you're rooted... restore your last full nandroid backup.

E
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by gavron View Post
    If you're rooted... restore your last full nandroid backup.

E
    i have... point being that i'm trying to get to 2.1.. and be rooted..

and can't

sorry if im coming off like.. "dick".. jus been @ it for the past few hours.. kinda getting on my nerves..
  9. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Nobody's being dicks... we're trying to help

Try http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-1-update.html

E
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Did you wipe data and cache before going to the 2.1 ROM?
  11. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    Did you wipe data and cache before going to the 2.1 ROM?
    *ALWAYS* wipe /CACHE

Wipe /DATA if you're going to ANY OTHER ROM. That means if you're going from any of
    2.1 pre-built
    2.1 built-from-source
    2.1 deodexed

The easiest answer is... REALLY...
    1. FULL NANDROID BACKUP
    2. Titanium or astro backup of apps

3. WIPE CACHE (always)
    4. WIPE DATA (always)

5. New ROM
    6. Restore APPS

7. Sign into google

Best regards

E
    P.S. I know it looks like "7 steps" but really if you've already done the backup and the apps backup it's 3 steps
    1. wipe
    2. new rom
    3. restore

Links