DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: battery percentage WITHIN stock icon?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

battery percentage WITHIN stock icon?

Hello everyone. I'm interested in changing my battery icon. I'm rooted running BB.9, but I'm really not a fan of any of the themes that I've found to be compatible with BB that have this feature. I'd honestly rather not use a theme, as I think a lot of the ones out there are well, bad. I'd really prefer to have the percent of the battery left (10% increments or whatever are fine) inside the stock icon (maybe with a different color ) instead of using a widget or using another status icon to clutter the status bar. I'm using battery indicator right now and it's starting to bug me. I've been trying to use adb to do this, but I just flat-out don't know what I'm doing.

I'm not asking anyone to do this for me... however, I wouldn't say no if anyone wanted to take this on for me, but I'm trying to figure out where I can figure out what I need to do. I'm not sure how daunting this task is, so I'm not sure if anyone's going to have enough time to give me direct help, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone's willing to at least help me find some good reading materials . the developer's guides on the android site don't really seem to tackle anything like this.

Thanks
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Weapon View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm interested in changing my battery icon. I'm rooted running BB.9, but I'm really not a fan of any of the themes that I've found to be compatible with BB that have this feature. I'd honestly rather not use a theme, as I think a lot of the ones out there are well, bad. I'd really prefer to have the percent of the battery left (10% increments or whatever are fine) inside the stock icon (maybe with a different color ) instead of using a widget or using another status icon to clutter the status bar. I'm using battery indicator right now and it's starting to bug me. I've been trying to use adb to do this, but I just flat-out don't know what I'm doing.

I'm not asking anyone to do this for me... however, I wouldn't say no if anyone wanted to take this on for me, but I'm trying to figure out where I can figure out what I need to do. I'm not sure how daunting this task is, so I'm not sure if anyone's going to have enough time to give me direct help, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone's willing to at least help me find some good reading materials . the developer's guides on the android site don't really seem to tackle anything like this.

Thanks
    Try Jrummys cyanogenmod remix v 0.7 theres 4 different colors to choose from and they all have the percentage in the stock icon.. And by the way the rom is smoooth and fast.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bje1982 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Weapon View Post

Thanks
    Try Jrummys cyanogenmod remix v 0.7 theres 4 different colors to choose from and they all have the percentage in the stock icon.. And by the way the rom is smoooth and fast.
    Alright thanks for the tip. If I can ask one more question, would I install this on top of bugless beast or would this replace it? The first rom I tried was a cyanogen, but i had a bunch of issues with it (i think it was 5.0.6.2) so I switched. Although, I will admit I didn't (and still don't) fully comprehend what I'm doing lol. However, I appreciate the input.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You can edit the actual battery .png's with the percentage inside of the battery, but the system only shows battery changes in 20% increments. System files have to be edited to show anything else. CM shows 10% increments and it is overlaid over the battery icon.

So it is either run a Cyanogen based ROM or use a metamorph theme that someone has made. But BB has issues with MM editing framework. Soooo.. I guess you might be better off running a CM rom haha.
    BOISE STATE

Links