DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Making SBF file ?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Yeah - I'll re-download the file and give it another go.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1, D2 dev, DX dev, D2WE dev
    Well...as it turns out...MotoCache1 and I have known each other for years in another forum, hacking Motos. He is the author of a really great program called HoTTProxy that many of us who were running alternate firmwares on our various phones used to get full data services to work on VZW's network. It was a fantastic and elegant tool that served a really valuable function to many in the community to get "Free WAP" with the Openwave browser on the old brew based dumbphones like RAZR, e815, K1m etc.
    He is a great asset to the community and I am really looking forward to working with him again to help exploit this latest work and other goodies.

The future looks very bright indeed!
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post

worked fine on my xp machine, will have to troubleshoot my win7 machine... not sure what was up there

Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810

worked fine on my xp machine, will have to troubleshoot my win7 machine... not sure what was up there
    Did you do the whole "Run as Administrator" thing? I don't have a Win 7 box but I know folks have done it. I also know it's more likely to be an issue than XP. I love my trusty old XP.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post

Did you do the whole "Run as Administrator" thing? I don't have a Win 7 box but I know folks have done it. I also know it's more likely to be an issue than XP. I love my trusty old XP.
    Yeah, the "usual" process. The only difference between last night and this morning (besides the OS/computer difference) was I downloaded the file from your link in your rooting thread from last night, instead of the sbf to root/unroot thread (which isn't working right now anyway).

Unfortunately I can't mess with it again until tonight when I can play on my laptop again. So I'll give it a go again and report back just to make sure. The only thing that makes me think it wasn't user error is that I immediately flashed the ese81 sprecovery, and it worked perfectly. No reboots, no reconnect of the usb cord or anything. From your sprecovery, I simply rebooted into the bootloader (which is the new one from the FRG01B ota), opened rsdlite again, flashed the ese81 spr, booted into it (still no full boot), and it worked fine.

Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Should USB Storage work on the new, "clean" sprecovery .sbf file? I can't seem to get it to work. I posted this over in the "sbf to root/unroot", but then realized this might be a better place... sorry if not, to the watching mod eyes.
    All is well. Not sure what happened on the first go around, but evidently it was an isolated incident. I downloaded and flashed it again, tested on all three of my Windows 7 machines, and it worked just fine.

Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    Well...as it turns out...MotoCache1 and I have known each other for years in another forum, hacking Motos. He is the author of a really great program called HoTTProxy that many of us who were running alternate firmwares on our various phones used to get full data services to work on VZW's network. It was a fantastic and elegant tool that served a really valuable function to many in the community to get "Free WAP" with the Openwave browser on the old brew based dumbphones like RAZR, e815, K1m etc.
    He is a great asset to the community and I am really looking forward to working with him again to help exploit this latest work and other goodies.

The future looks very bright indeed!
    Well, no wonder MotoCache1's posting style is as it is. Thanks for the info CZ and yes, looking forward to more brightness as we have more and more bright people. HoTTproxy is a great program, great work, now I wonder if null is coming over . . .

I just wish I could learn half of what some of these guys have forgot . . .
    Last edited by teddyearp; 11-02-2010 at 04:07 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    First i would like to say that I am not tech savvy etc. But, if we can create customized SBF files of sort.. And in those SBF files are a bootloader , or bootloader update.. couldnt we use that to unlock the X or D2 bootloader? Maybe im way out in no mans land with my thinking..or my understanding. Just thought i would throw it out there. And sorry to revive a dieing thread.. Just seemed like a good place to ask.
    If i were you and you were me, would i be you or me?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone A854 CDMA
    So let me see if I understand this. With the tools listed in this thread, I can possibly read the settings from a stock phone (including all network, evdo, apn settings, etc) and compile them into an sbf that I could flash into another to restore stock carrier settings that have been erased?

I have a Milestone through Bluegrass Cellular and I rooted and used clockwork mods rom manager to flash to bugless beast. I tried to update said rom and it messed up my data settings. I then used rsd lite to flash a stock cellular south sbf to restore the firmware back from A855 to A854, but now my network settings are incorrect.

Would I be right in thinking that I could create an sbf from a good milestone from my carrier to flash into my modded milestone to restore it back to stock so I can use it as a phone again?

Please help. Thank you so much in advance!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone A854 CDMA
    Ok. So I have the sbf file from my carrier (leaked). Tried flashing it into the phone and now the phone has all the original software it is supposed to. Only problem is, it still did not restore some of my data and voice settings correctly. Looks like it reset them again. I was able to use ##PROGRAM to edit most of the cdma settings to what they are supposed to be and restore 1X voice and sms service. Was even able to figure out how to get my prl back to what it was supposed to be (we can send a text to a shortcode that will update it "over the air.")

I downloaded and installed sbf-recalc 1.2.9.1 and was able to split the sbf file into individual code groups. Only problem is I can't figure out how to open them to view or edit them. Am I missing a step or additional program? I'm still new to coding as most of my education was in java and html coding, not hex or binary. I'm going to continue to try to work with it, but any help would be enormously appreciated!

*EDIT* I found a few APN Settings that I needed to change in one of the code groups and got that figured out. Still can't find where it packs the PRL or some of the other settings. Using HxD hex editor. Was going to recompile the sbf with the updated APN settings to test, but when I try using sbf recalc to rebuild the edited sbf, it keeps telling me to wait until version 1.3. WTF? has anyone else seen this? I'm trying to find something I can use to recombine the code groups into an sbf since recalc is being dumb.

My goal is to edit the sbf to write all of the correct voice and data settings, including PRL, so that way if I cause issues again while rooting and exploring ROM's, I have a safety net to which I can return and start over.
    Last edited by lunchbox427; 01-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Links