DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stock 2.1 With Full Root Access with ESE81

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod
    Thanx OP for this post, gonna try it this weekend as I do like the stock ROM, getting a bit tired of all the hype about custom ROMS, specially of acusations of who stole who's code, blah....blah....blah
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    so what o/c kernel can be used with this? i'm new to this stuff, especially to the overclocking...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod
    How does one overclocks after rooting, assuming I have setcpu???
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Here are some kernels: [UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010After installing use setCPU (from Market) to set overclock.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by nateccnn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supremekizzle View Post

Sweet!! much appreciated. so this would mean the sbf gives you root then?
    The sbf only gives you sprecovery the rom will give you root.
    The ROM does not give you root unless it is a compressed version that already has root. That is just a short cut for people who don't want to manually modify attributes and add the directories and put the SU.apk and busybox on their phones. So the developer does all that to his phone, compresses it and gives it to the noobs so they don't have to learn how to do it themselves. This way they think they are amazing...writing roms from scratch and all. LOL

Root means you gain access to the directories that Vz doesn't want you to have. From there you can add things they don't want added. And from there you can do things they don't want you to do. And you can do all this with the Vz version of 2.1 ESE81.

Good luck!

Nate
    Exactly like I said, most roms out there already have it on here, so the rom does give you root. There is nothing wrong with a short cut that can save someone a headache.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by nateccnn View Post

The sbf only gives you sprecovery the rom will give you root.
    The ROM does not give you root unless it is a compressed version that already has root. That is just a short cut for people who don't want to manually modify attributes and add the directories and put the SU.apk and busybox on their phones. So the developer does all that to his phone, compresses it and gives it to the noobs so they don't have to learn how to do it themselves. This way they think they are amazing...writing roms from scratch and all. LOL

Root means you gain access to the directories that Vz doesn't want you to have. From there you can add things they don't want added. And from there you can do things they don't want you to do. And you can do all this with the Vz version of 2.1 ESE81.

Good luck!

Nate
    Exactly like I said, most roms out there already have it on here, so the rom does give you root. There is nothing wrong with a short cut that can save someone a headache.
    Agreed. Nothing wrong with short cuts. But back in the day when I thought the only way to get rooted was to install a custom ROM I had no idea I could root a stock ROM. So I was simply pointing out that the ROM is not the root access. Modifying the attirbutes with SPRecovery (mounting the right directories as read/write) is what gives us root access. The ROM is just a menu system. The installation process of that ROM is like a batch file that runs the attirbute mods you njeed so that you can install the ROM.

Just nitpicking here. If you want to beleieve the ROM is the root access that is fine. We both end up at the same place at the end of the day.

Nate
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod

Talking U da man

Quote Originally Posted by pcarcr View Post
    Here are some kernels: [UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010After installing use setCPU (from Market) to set overclock.

SWEET...thanx
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links