Okay, well, I just tried to do adb shell and it keeps saying device not found. I've updated my SDK and all that stuff. What am I doing wrong?
I am having the same problem. When I played with a G1 a few months back I was able to get it working fine with ADB but now I can not get my new Droid to connect. It is listed in device manager properly but when I run ADB shell it can not connect.
I have all my drivers and the SDK up to date. USB Debugging on and can't seem to locate the problem.
Maybe someone has some tips that can help us both...
I got it working and this is what I did.
Edited the android_winusb.inf
Under ;Moto Sholes I added this line
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB&REV_0216
Connected phone to USB cable.
Went to device manager and uninstalled the ADB device and allowed windows to remove software.
Disconnected phone from USB
Switched USB cable for Droid to different USB Port.
Plugged Droid in, let the drivers install and now it is working.