DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: SPRecovery and Clockwork Recovery

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

SPRecovery and Clockwork Recovery

Maybe a noob question but I could find my answers in the search. Currently have Bugless Beast v.9 and I am thinking of trying CyanogenMod. I currently use SPRecovery to backup with Nandroid. If I install Clockword Recovery and ROM Manager to try CyanogenMod, will SPRecovery still work so I can Nandroid back to my Bugless backup if I want to? Thank you!

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Yes. Rom Manager gives u the option to switch back n forth between the 2 recovery systems. The only thing is Rom Manager uses Clockwork as the recovery system when installing ROMs with Rom Manager. If u wanna use SP, u choose 'Flash Alternate Recovery' to use SP again. U can then choose 'Boot Into Recovery' to use SP.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Yes. Rom Manager gives u the option to switch back n forth between the 2 recovery systems. The only thing is Rom Manager uses Clockwork as the recovery system when installing ROMs with Rom Manager. If u wanna use SP, u choose 'Flash Alternate Recovery' to use SP again. U can then choose 'Boot Into Recovery' to use SP.

Jroc, I purchased Rom Manager last Friday and installed Cyanogen 5.0.6.1 It was very easy. I noticed that SPR is available under alternative. I've not opened that particular tab.

Yesterday, I was playing around and tried to boot into recovery by pressing the X key and power. Now that I have Rom manager installed things are very different.

Have you used the SPRecovery option in Rom Manager? If so, does it still work like it did before installing Rom Manager? I would appreciate your thoughts on how to open and use SPRecovery.

Mike
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    If you let RM flash SPrecovery for you it is just like before you flashed CWrecovery. You will be able to use your old backups made with SP. The switch back and forth between SP and CW images is painless with the RM app.

Edit: Just to make sure you know, RM will not work when you flash back to SPrecovery. All the boxes pertaining to ROMs in the app will grey out until you reflash CW.
    Last edited by kaboyd; 04-19-2010 at 09:56 PM.
  6. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboyd View Post
    If you let RM flash SPrecovery for you it is just like before you flashed CWrecovery. You will be able to use your old backups made with SP. The switch back and forth between SP and CW images is painless with the RM app.
    Thanks kaboyd! I was hoping that was the case.

I imagine that c backup made with ClockWork will not work with SPRecover and backups made with SPRecovery will not work with ClockWork. Is that correct?

Mike
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Yep. The backups are different between the two images. They have to be handled separately from each other.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Wow. You guys are awesome. So looks like I dont have anything to worry about. Will probably play with this tomorrow. Thank you!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    or you could open terminal and type:

su
    flashspr

done

Links